I have some pears sitting in the fridge for quite sometime, seems like no one wants to lay their hands on them. Never ever waste fruits nor food! I think cream cheese should be the best thing to help me clearing up the pears. So, here's what I did!
Ingredients for Base Crust :
200gm biscuit, crashed
50gm roasted almond, crashed
125gm butter, melted
- combine all ingredients and mix well.
- then spread and press mixture evenly to a 8" spring foam tray.
- chill untill firm.
Ingredients for Cream cheese Filling :
2 green pears, sliced
1/4tspn ground cardamom
1/3 tspn ground nutmeg
3 tbsp brown sugar
500gm cream cheese, softened
3 large eggs
1/2 cup sugar
30ml lime juice
1 tbsp lime zest
Topping : 60gm apricot/marmalade jam + 3 tbsp water
- preheat frying pan with 2tbsp butter.
- stir in sliced pear, ground cardamom, ground nutmeg and brown sugar.
- simmer the sliced pear over low hear untill tender then leave aside.
- combine cream cheese, yogurt, sugar, eggs, lime juice & lime zest in a mixture bowl.
- beat the mixture untill smooth and well combined.
- pour half portion of the batter to the biscuit base crust baking tray.
- line in the cooked pear and then cover with the other half portion of the batter.
- decorate the top with the balance spiced pear.
- wrap the bottom baking tray with aluminium foil nicely.
- finally, bake at 160'c for 1 hour and 20 mins (water bath method) or untill the centre is set.
Then for the topping, melt jam with water over double boiler. Spread the mixture over the cake once it's ready and leave cool. It's best to refrigerate the cake overnight before serving.