Kuih Bengka Beras @ 肥猪肉

Here's another delicious Nyonya dessert to share with all, baked rice cake! I only have this once or twice a year when I'm back home visiting my parents during the holidays. Now, I can have this at anytime I want. Thanks Lena for sharing this lovely recipe. I have never dream of making my own. This is a very easy to prepare recipe and it's as luscious as those store bought ones.

Ingredients :

180gm rice flour
80gm green beans flour/corn flour
200gm sugar
1/2 tspn salt
500ml thick coconut milk
700ml water
3 pandan leaves
(or a few drops of pandan extract/not paste)

Method :
(1) combine all ingredients together and mix well.
(2) cook the mixture over medium heat untill thickened.
(as shown in the picture, then remove pandan leaves)


(3) transfer the thick mixture to a 7" tray, with oil coating.
(4) then bake at preheated oven at 200'c for about 40-45mins or untill brown.
(5) finally, leave cool completely before slicing. (takes about 2-3 hours)


Frankly, I think those charcoal like top which is nicely burnt. It smell better! haha...


You have a slice and you won't stopped having another slice.... untill you're truely satisfied! The heavy coconut flavour is so very tempting and very very fragrant. I should say this is something irresistible.... yummmm.... Enjoy & have fun !
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...