And here's the recipe.
Ingredients for Biscuit Base :
180gm digestive biscuit, finely crushed
70gm ground toasted almond
145gm butter, melted
(combine all ingredients and mix well, the press to a 9" spring form pan & keep refrigerated/freeze it untill set)
Ingredients for Ricotta Cheese Filling :
250gm homemade ricotta cheese, at room temperature
250gm cream cheese, softened
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 cups brown sugar
150gm plain yogurt
1 tbsp cornflour
1 tbsp instant coffee powder (+ 1 tbsp water)
(1) combine all ingredients in a big mixing bowl except coffee powder.
(2) beat all ingredients untill creamy & well mixed.
(3) pour 3/4 of batter into prepared biscuit based pan.
(4) combine coffee paste with the other 1/4 of batter, mix to combine.
(5) pour the coffee mixture over to the 3/4 of batter.
(6) make a swirl by using a fork or knife.
(7) finally, water bath bake at preheated oven at 175-180'C for about 1 hour & 30mins or untill set in the centre.
(8) leave cool completely before refrigerated over night.
In this recipe, you can either use 500gm of ricotta cheese & omit the cream cheese; or you use both. Ricotta cheese is unlike cream cheese! The texture is crumbly compare to cream cheese. What about serving it with some homemade creme fraiche! Olala.... Je suis sûr que tu vas aimer ça? Excuse me! Did I just speak french? :o) haha.... Enjoy & have fun!
Homemade Creme Fraiche :
1 cup heavy cream /dairy whipping cream
1/3 cup plain yogurt
(1) combine both ingredients together in a container, glass jar preferred.
(2) mix well with a clean dry spoon.
(3) Cover securely and leave to rest overnight in a warm place.
(or you may cover the container with a piece of tower)
(4) when the cream looks thick & slightly set, then it's ready to use.
(5) keep the leftover cream refrigerated up to 12 days.