This recipe is adapted from one of our local cookbook author, Mdm Wong.
Starter Dough :
150gm bread flour
150ml warm water
1-1/4 tspn yeast
(combine all ingredients and leave to rest for at least 2 hours)
Main Dough :
1 tbsp honey
1/4 tspn salt
7 large eggs
60gm superfine flour
50ml corn oil
2 tspn pandan paste
1 tspn baking powder
1 tspn baking soda
1/8 tspn alkaline water
2 tbsp water
(1) combine starter dough, sugar, honey and salt untill sugar dissolved.(2) stir in eggs, corn oil & flour and beat well.
(3) strain mixture and then leave to proof for 12 hours or overight.
(4) then the next day, combine baking powder, baking soda, alkaline and water.
(5) stir mixture to the batter and mix well.
(6) pour batter to a 8" baking tray lined with greese proof paper.
(7) let it stand for another an hour and then steam over high heat for 35-40mins.
(8) remove cake from tin immediately and leave to cool ASAP.
You may also use a 7" tray and the cake will look taller.
The cake turned out successfully and very tasty too ! Yet I still prefer the older version. I think I will try to change the propotion in the starter dough and see what will happen.
I'm sending this to 3 Hungry Tummies @ Muhibbah Malaysian Monday, Lyndz @ Tailgating Time & Chaya @ Meatless Monday.