Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Pineapple Tart Roll

I guess you guys have been seeing all those pineapple tarts over and over again for the past whole month, right! Getting tired! haha.... Frankly, this is one of the most popular goodies during the Chinese New Year. It has the meaning of bringing good luck and fortune to the family. And that's why I'm so tempting to make mine this year too. There's so many versions of pineapple tarts out there but still I love the most is the Malay version Pineapple tart rolls. Since there's too many recipes to choose from, I finally came up a few (rolls & round ones as well) and let my family and neighbours to make the votes. haha... Good idea huh! They all voted for this roll tart but still the original recipe wasn't exactly what I'm looking for. So, finally I came up with this.

Ingredients for Tart Dough :
150gm butter, softened
1 tbsp sugar
2 egg yolks
120gm corn flour
80gm all purpose flour
30gm milk powder
* 1 egg yolk for glazing.
* pineapple jam for fillings


The above shown is the pineapple crust dough gadget that the shop owner recommends me to use. Though, it's a finger press gadget yet it's fast and easy to handle.

Method :
(1) combine corn flour, all purpose flour and milk powder in a big bowl.
(2) cream butter, sugar and egg yolks untill fluffy.
(3) fold in the dry ingredients and mix well to form a soft dough.
(4) form a dough sheet by using a flat shape gadget.
(5) place on pineapple jam and roll it up.
(6) brush on egg glaze and bake at preheated oven 165-170'C for about 20 mins.
(7) cool for 5 mins before removing to wire rack.

Of course, these have to be tested by two of my Q.C. for approval! haha.... All I heard was a BIG shout out "YES!" from my boy and another "YES!" from my girl. My boy even explained to me why he called it a "yes". He said the texture is not even falling apart eventhough it's so very soft and everything hold on so well together. It's smell terrific as well. This is exactly the kind of tart roll he is expecting! Hope you will like it too.
*
Another related post, click here.

33 comments:

Jeannie said...

Wow, I like this type too! I still have some pineapple jam left over from my trial run a couple of weeks back...going to make some this weekend, hopefully:D

j3ss kitch3n said...

This sound fabulous! very beautifully done too!

reanaclaire said...

me too! i love pineapple tarts.. guess there isnt much that i dont love, right?

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

Bet those taste yummy, they look it. Diane

lena said...

no, never get tired looking at all the bakes in blogs, this nastar shape is also one of the prettiest shape for pineapple tarts, feel like grabbing a few now!

Cheah said...

Kristy, think this mould is more easy to use than the nestar mould. Feel like pinching one from you right now! Enjoy your day!

MaryMoh said...

Oooh...I love these...my favourite. Yours look so neat and nice. I would have shouted many BIG 'yes', too :D
Hope you have a wonderful day.

My Little Space said...

Jeannie : Hope you will like it. I made 3 big jars and yet still not enough! I think I need to make another batch. LOL!

Jess : Thank you veyr much! Yours are very delicious too.

Claire : haha.... I know!

Diane : Oh yes! You're always welcome to have tea at anytime.

Lena : haha... but lately the site is running really slow. So frustrating! Maxis, Celcom & even Telekom are all giving special promotion. I wonder if they extend their lines or not, since they're expending their business.

Cheah : haha... you're welcome to do that!

MaryMoh : OK...BIG yes! You can have all you want... now take it!:o)

Thank you everyone for visiting & spending your time with me today. It's a great pleasure of hearing from you all.
Hope you're having a great time too!

Best regards,
Kristy

dinewithleny said...

WOahhh your pineapple tarts look so pretty. I love all kinds of pineapple tarts. From open to closed ones....Can't wait for CNY to come.

FOODESSA said...

As usual Kristy...it's that perseverant state of mind that I love so much.
Your creativity always surpasses the norm...Brava!!!

Have a fabulous day and flavourful wishes,
Claudia

Pegasuslegend said...

I am so jealous you can do anything your so creative!

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

The tarts look and sound delicious! And even better that they bring good luck! :-)

divya said...

This sound fabulous! very beautifully done too!

Belinda @zomppa said...

My sister's favorite!! I might try this for her. BEAUTIFUL.

Biren @ Roti n Rice said...

Pineapple jam tarts are one of my favorites for CNY. Have not made or eaten it in a while. Very time comsuming to make. I've seen people making these rolls and often wonder what is used to make those ridges. Looks lovely!

Anncoo said...

Kristy, your pineapple tart roll looks very neat and pretty. Can we exchange??

Brownieville Girl said...

They look so pretty - I'd say they were really delicious.

Roxan said...

Mmm, these look so yummy! That dough gadget seems really cool, I love the shape of the rolls and the texture on it.

Bridgett said...

I love the texture of the rolls. Tired of all the goodies? Never! You are too creative.

Keri said...

Oh Wow! These look absolutely devine. So unusual. I've never seen anything like it. Amazing.

Keri

samwich365.com

Blackswan said...

Pineapple Tarts is a must-have for me. This is the 2nd time I'm seeing this shape.

My students made this for me to try last week. I was surprised to see this type of shape.

My 2 buddies are coming to my place to make pineapple tarts today. I'm really excited!

Peabody said...

These are super clever and cute!

penny aka jeroxie said...

More gadget! I want this... so cute.

Lyndsey said...

Wow...you're on a roll Kristy! :D I would love these, the texture looks perfect! Did you save one for me? :D

BTW, no I don't have a roti gadget, I would have to do it by hand.

Shirley said...

They really look good Kristy!

alison said...

oh,my dear ,this looks incredible!and so pretty!

white orchid said...

HI
I try to roll out the dough but too soft. I even try add some ice water and ooops too wet then add some flour. Then I decide to use my open tart mould and it come out fine. Taste soft and yummy. Great job. he hee

mengii said...

Hi, I need to ask where did you get the pineapple roll pastry press. I couldn't find it in Singapore :P
Any contact where I can contact the seller?
Thanks alot :D

Anonymous said...

hi Kristy,would like to ask whr can I get thia mould?thanks
henny

My Little Space said...

Hi Henny, are you staying within the region? If so, you can get this mould at any supermarket or hardware shop or bakery trading shop.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Enjoy your evenng.

Kristy

Yvonne Chan said...

Hi kristy, where is your region as i hv not seen any shop sell this mold in singapore before.

My Little Space said...

Hi Yvonne,
First of all, thanks so much for stopping by my humble little space. I'm a Malaysian. If you can't find it in S'pore then try out in JB. These are available at any shopping.
All the best.
Blessings, Kristy

Yvonne Chan said...

Hi Kristy, noted & thank you for replying.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...