Is there anyone doesn't like tidbits? Well, I especially like snacking on those imported sweet & sour preserved plums. There is one I love the most, that is sweet preserved plum coating with licorice powder. No kidding! I'm going to transform those little tidbits into cookies.
And here's what I did.
2/3 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1/4 tspn vanilla extract/essence
2-1/2 cups flour
2 tspn baking powder
1/2 tspn salt
2 tbsp sour plum powder
*1/2 cup licorice powder for coating
This is freshly grind licorice powder and those are licorice root slices.
(1) cream butter and sugar untill fluffy.
(2) stir in Vanilla & eggs one at a time untill well combined.
(3) fold in all the dry ingredients and mix to form a soft dough.
(4) shape about 1 inch ball dough then roll in licorice powder, slightly flatten by a spoon.
(5) finally, bake at 185-190'C for about 10 mins or untill set.
(6) cool cookies beofre transfer to wire rack.
Gosh, the licorice tasted fantastic when it bakes directly under the oven (without any liquid contact). I was surprise! It makes such a big difference. Remember the last recipe, I used to sprinkle the licorice powder over the egg glaze. I can hardly tasted it. Did you notice the yellowish coating over the cookies? Those are baked licorice powder. Imagine the mild sour plum cookies covered with baked licorice. Oooooo....Don't you love them! :o) Hope you will like it too.
For more Licorice infor or products, do check out Marina Market, US based.