Friday, April 15, 2011

Gelatinised Swirl Cake Bread

Why natural gelatinization is introduced to us? And why is it bread improver is not encourage to be consumed. Latest shocking information you're about to find out, please click here. You'll be surprise what are you eating everyday. Just imagine what are the side effects going to attack us especially to our children in the future. Besides of that we're also not encourage to eat freshly baked breads immediately. It is to advise to eat breads that is after at least 2 hours of cooling time. More info here & here & here to check on. Hereby, this is one of many natural gelatinised method which introduced to us by Alex Goh(The famous baker). It's much to a healthy living for us and something nutritous and safe to feed our family with no fear.

Ingredients for Flour Gelatinised :
100gm bread flour
70ml boiling water

Method :
(1) add boiling water to flour slowly by stirring it untill combined.
(2) then knead to smooth dough and leave to cool in refrigerator.

Ingredients for Main Dough :
300gm bread flour
100gm all purpose flour
4 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp milk powder
1 tbsp yeast
1 tspn salt
175ml water
1 large egg
60gm butter, cubed
* cinnamon mixture : 1/3 cup brown sugar + 1 tbsp cinnamon powder

Method :
(1) combine flour, sugar, milk powder, salt, yeast, water, egg and gelatinised flour pieces in a big mixing bowl.
(2) mix to form a soft dough, then add in butter and keep on kneading to get a smooth dough.
(3) then set aside to rest for an hour.
(4) punch dough to release air and knead to smooth dough.
(5) divide into two portion, roll out flat into rectangle shape.
(6) spread on cinnamon powder mixture and roll it up like a swiss roll.
(7) place them into a 4.5-5x9" tray lined with greaseproof paper.
(8) let them rest for another 45-60 mins.



Ingredients for cake mixture :
(A)
4 egg yolks
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup all purpose flour/cake flour
1 tbsp coffee powder (I used a pkt 3 in 1 white coffee powder)
3 tbsp corn oil
50ml milk
(whisk egg yolk & sugar untill creamy, then beat in flour & milk alternately untill combined. Finally, add mix in oil, beat to well mix.)

(B)
4 egg whites
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tspn cream of tartar
( whisk egg white & cream of tartar untill foamy then add in sugar little by little and beat well)

Method :
(1) fold in mixture (B) into (A) in three batches and mix untill well combined.
(2) divide batter into two portion.
(3) pour each onto the well proof bread.
(4) finally, bake at preheated over 180'C for about 25-30 mins.
(5) remove bread from tray immediately after cooked and leave to cool on a tray.

This bread is just so delicious and extremely soft & fluffy. With the addition of cake sponge above it, simply amazing! I'm sure you're now drooling over the bread. haha.... How nice if you're all here to join me for tea. :o) Enjoy!

37 comments:

Belinda @zomppa said...

What a neat and delightful loaf!

Barbara Bakes said...

It's so pretty! I'll come to tea!

Small Kucing said...

Yes...yes...love these roti cake

Ah Tze said...

This cake bread looks soft and lovely, the swirl is pretty too!

Anncoo said...

Kristy, I want to come for tea too!

Pegasuslegend said...

Havent made a cinnamon type bread roll in years this made me crave it again~

Ana Rita said...

So beautifull and soft bread...

Kisses,
Rita

Claudia said...

I'm afraid to read what I am doing to my kids.... but not afraid of your bread - soft, pliable and welcoming.

Lyndsey said...

You are right there Kristy! Your bread is definitely tempting. I love the look of the texture so light and fluffy like that. Mmmm!

Jet said...

The combination of coffee flavored sponge cake and cinnamon bread is just perfect! Very informational post too. Thanks for sharing. =D

Jeannie said...

Bread and cake 2-in-1 :D Great way to eat both when one can't decide! Great looking loaf!

Jen (Tastes of Home) said...

You're a great baker Kristy! This looks and sounds delicious too :)

Cheah said...

Well done, Kristy! I've found that this gelatinised method is so much easy to handle than the tangzhong method. Thanks for sharing this recipe.

Esther said...

I'm so excited to try this out one day! This is a childhood favorite and I was searching for a recipe for this type of cake bread, but it was really hard to find one because cake bread turns up cake recipes or bread recipes. Thanks for sharing it! Is the coffee powder also like instant espresso powder? How long did you beat the egg yolk mixture? Did you need to beat your egg whites to soft peaks? Thanks Kristy! I hope to try it out once I get over my fear of making sponge cakes. (my favorite type of cakes)

Also, eating freshly baked bread is bad for you? I tried reading the article, but I don't really understand it.

j3ss kitch3n said...

I'm definitely drooling here Kristy, the texture is simply awesome!

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

哇,我喜欢这个,我不会做,只好从外面买回来吃:)

Sonia (Nasi Lemak Lover) said...

I saw this recipe too, have bookmarked, but waiting for right time to make,,hehehe..Yours look perfect.

Honey Bee Sweets said...

Thanks for telling us about the bread improved and not eating fresh baked bread. Seriously, I didn't know, but good thing I've never used bread improved before. :) love your cake loaf! And thanks for introducing yet another bread technique to us, can't wait ti try it out, yum!

Elin said...

Kristy....great bread and I can see you are just as hooked to making bread as I am :) well done !
Have a great weekend :)

My Little Space said...

Belinda : Thanks alot!

Barbara : Please do. You're most welcome.

Kathy : Then must buy one loaf tomorow. haha....

Ah Tze : Thanks! Glad you like it too.

Ann : Come & join me!

Claudia : Me too! It's been a while since I last made it.

Rita : Thank you!

Claudia : Thank you so much. Well, we learn more everyday.

Lyndz : Yes, actually the yeast supplier also telling me the same thing. The bread isn't good to consume straight after baked. Because the yeast is still active and is bad for our body. It may cause cancer in long term.

Jet : You're welcome. Sharing it's good.

Jeannie : My first time! I've been having this kind of bread eversince I was a teenager.

Jen : haha... thanks for your kind words. Glad you like it too.

Cheah : I have to agree with you. Enjoy!

Esther : Yeah, I understand! I've been through the same thing before. You can use any coffee powder as desire. Beating the yolk as usual quick speed until pale & fluffy. Yes, beat egg white till soft peak & foamy. I have already topped up more links. So, just go back & read more.

Jess : Thank you!

Blue Wale : So next time, must eat the homemade ones!

Sonia : It was just the right timing for me to introduce the gelatinised method.

Bee : You're welcome. Sharing is good, isn't it! Then our children can eat some really safe & healthy food.

Thank you everyone for visiting and spending your time here today. It's the best thing to do seeing you all everyday.

Hope you're all having a marvelous day.

Blessings, Kristy

My Little Space said...

Elin : Not really hooked but I made breads very often but don't post it often. Great to see you around. Have a great day too.
Cheers, Kristy

Emily Malloy said...

Yum, great recipe, beautiful bread!

lena said...

hi kristy. i would also love to try this one day..my parents love this cake bread. I've also bookmarked your black sesame bread but still not done yet..wait till i finish eating some of the breads first..ha!

divya said...

So beautiful and soft bread...

Angie's Recipes said...

Very soft and spongy! I could have finished the whole loaf!

Pam said...

Your bread is beautiful and I'm sure it's delicious! Interesting with eating the fresh baked bread, I had no idea. Thanks for sharing!

Heavenly Housewife said...

Beautiful. The bread looks so tender and lovely!
*kisses* HH

Martha (MM) said...

Oh yummy, looks delicious!!

alwayswinner786 said...

Another mouthwatering piece of cake!

The Sweetylicious said...

LOVELY swirl and it look so soft! (: yummy!

penny aka jeroxie said...

Love it. It does look soft and fluffy.

Katerina said...

I love the swirl in it! Delicious bread!

Barbara said...

I had no idea about any of that, Kristy! And here we used to eat hot bread all the time when we were kids.
This loaf looks wonderful; such a pretty swirl and such a lovely crumb.

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

That looks just sooooooo good. Diane

Mary said...

This really looks wonderful. It looks soft and delicious and would be welcome on my table. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Magic of Spice said...

That is a beautiful loaf! I took a peak at the links you provided, thank you and will read more throughly after I am done here :)
Your bread really does look incredibly soft and flavorful!

The 21st Century Housewife© said...

What an interesting post, and what beautiful looking bread! Thank you for sharing the recipe with Let's Do Brunch. Hope you will come along and join in again this week - the linky is up now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...