As promised on my earlier steamed bun post, I'm going to try out the curry steamed bun. Guess, this is more than what am I expecting! A total new thing for me to give it a go. It keeps my heart speed up for awhile along the process. Pretty excited though. Can't wait to see the end product.
And here's what I did.
Ingredients for Purple Sweet Potato Bun Dough :
Start Dough :
100gm all purpose flour
2-1/2 tspn yeast
1 tbsp sugar
(combine all ingredients and mix well. Set aside to rest for 10 mins)
Main Dough :
400gm bao flour/all purpose flour
4 tbsp sugar
1/4 tspn salt
250gm mashed purple sweet potato
2 tspn baking powder
2 tbsp shortening
(1) Combine all main dough ingredients and starter dough together, mix well till get a semi-soft crumby dough.
(remember to combine baking powder into water before mixing in, only add in shortening last)
(2) set aside to rest for an hour or untill double in size.
(3) then punch out the air and knead till smooth.
(4) divide dough into 60gm each and cover with a piece of damp tower.
(5) roll each dough out and fill in the curry sweet potato.
(6) sealed and place over a piece of parchment paper.
(7) spray on a little water and let them rest for another 10 mins.
(8) finally, steam over high heat for 10-12 mins.
And here comes my little babies! All together 17 of them. Aren't they cute! Pretty purple...just the way I wanted. yay!
*I'm sending this to 3 Hungry Tummies @ Muhibbah Malaysian Monday event.