Deep Fried Taro Prawns

I saw this recipe 2 weeks ago at one of the television cooking channel. My boy saw this too and ask if I can make this for him. Well, since prawn is his favourite so I tried my best to satisfy him. Besides, I won't mind at all trying new recipes. :o) It's actually a surprise dish for yesterday dinner. My boy was jumping high & low when I showed him the prawns! ha....

Here's the recipe.

Ingredients : 500gm large size prawns, skinned
1/2 egg, lightly beaten
500gm fresh taro, shredded
1-1/2 tspn salt
1 tbsp tapioca flour
some ground pepper
2 tbsp glutinous rice flour

Method :
(1) in a big bowl, combine shredded taro, salt, pepper and tapioca flour then mix well. Leave aside for 10 minutes untill the shredded taro has softened.
(2) marinade prawns with beaten egg.
(3) now, add glutinous rice flour into shredded taro and mixed well.
(additional of glutinous rice flour is a must, it can produce crunchy crust.)



(4) then cover the prawns with marinated shredded taro and press untill firm.
(5) finally, fry the prawns untill golden brown. It's best to deep fry the prawns for two times to maintain the crunchiness.

The fried shredded taro is so so crunchy, aromatic and tasty. My family loves it a lot. I promised my boy I'm going to make the second batch next week. I think they can even finish a kilo of them! So, enjoy everyone & have fun.
*
I'm sending this to 3 Hungry Tummies @ Muhibbah Malaysian Monday event.
(seafood)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...