500gm fresh tomatoes, skinned & seeded
1 can(450gm) tomato puree
2 large onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tspn red chilies flakes/cayenne pepper powder
3 bay leaves
2 tpsn mixed herbs
1/2 tpsn crashed black peppercorn
1/2 cup red wine
1 tspn salt
50gm butter + 1/2 cup cooking oil
(1) please do refer here how to clean up tomatoes.
(2) preheat a frying pan with butter & oil.
(3) saute onion, garlic, bay leaves & mixed herbs untill fragrant.
(4) stir in chili flakes, black pepper & fresh tomato simmer till tender.
(5) now, stir in tomato puree, wine & salt and let it simmer over medium heat till thicken.
(6) withdraw half portion to a clean jar and leave coo before refrigerate it.
(7) the other half portion is enough to serve a 500gm pasta.
Now, here's my end product. Don't you love the gorgeous colour and aroma! I bet you can smell it too. ha...
jam, sauce, dressing, pickling