Simple Asam Curry Fish

Weeks after weeks, I'm trying my best to post something local. Eventually, it was great to show others what I'm making in my little kitchen everyday. Local food that we enjoyed so much. I'll have to say Malaysians can hardly live without chillies. Even my boy who doesn't love chilies earlier can challenge me & his dad over hot & spicy food these days. Though, it still depends on certain food. The right amount of spiciness will certainly turn the flavour upside down. And here's my mild but heavy simple asam curry fish.

Ingredients :
2 big eye scad/kembong fish (scomber)
1 carrot, cubed
3 tomatoes, cubed
3 green chillies, halves
3 tbsp coconut milk
salt to taste
4 cups water

Ingredients for Blended Paste :
4 scallots
4 garlic
1 inch fresh ginger
6 bird eyes chillies
1 stalk lemongrass, thinly sliced
1 tbsp asam jawa paste/tamarind paste
15gm shrimp paste(belachan)
1 tbsp curry powder

Method :
(1) preheat wok/frying pan with 1/2 cup cooking oil.
(2) stir in blended paste and simmer untill fragrant about 10 mins.
(3) now, add in carrot & water, and boil for 5 mins.
(4) then, place in the fish, chilies & tomatoes, cover by lid and let it cook for 10 mins over medium heat.
(5) gradually, check the fish if it is ready. Remove the fish once it's ready.
(6) let the curry stock cook for a little while longer over medium heat untill the gravy is thicken.
(7) turn to low heat, add in coconut milk & salt, let to simmer for 2 more minutes. Then off the heat and pour the gravy over the fish. Serve hot.

Can you imagine if I try this on my pizza or spaghetti???? (*_*) Totally insane!
*
I'm sending this to 3 Hungry Tummies @ Muhibbah Malaysian Monday event.
(seafood)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...