Thursday, June 9, 2011

Strawberry Soda Cracker

I made a batch of crackers not long ago, which is something like sponge like 'RITZ' crackers. But soda cracker is slightly crunchier & crispier. I love soda crackers especially dipping into my coffee or oatmeal drinks for my afternoon snacks or breakfast. This is my second crackers project and I am having so much fun! Hopefully, I'll have more coming up after this.

Ingredients :
1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
1-1/2 tspn yeast
1/4 tspn cream of tartar
1/2 tspn baking soda
1/2 tspn baking powder
1/2 tspn salt
2 tbsp margarine
1/2 cup milk
1 tspn strawberry
1 tbsp strawberry puree (chilled overnight)

Method :
(1) combine all ingredients and mix to form a dough.
(2) wrap with plastic sheet and keep chilled for 15mins before shaping it.
(3) withdraw dough from refrigerator and leave for 10 mins under room temperature.
(4) roll out dough out as thin as possible.




(5) fold into three and again roll flat.
(6) shape dough as desired and place them to baking tray. Direct contact between tray and dough gives better result.
(7) again keep dough chilled for another 10 mins.
(8) then straight from refrigerator, bake at preheated oven 210'c for 10 mins or untill brown.
* It's best to roll the dough straight to your baking tray, so that you don't need to move them around.

It's best to keep these soda crackers in a tin container. The crackers stay as crunchy even after days.
(cookies, soda cracker, snack)

23 comments:

Lyndsey said...

Oh how cool are these!!! I would love to take a bite and hear that crunch of your homemade cracker. They sure do look good. My baking sheets are stoneware so I couldn't go from the fridge to the oven without them cracking! :) I guess I'll just have to wait for some of yours...hehe!

Have a wonderful evening!
XOXO, Lyndsey

Heavenly Housewife said...

You are such a clever girl, these look amazing!
*kisses* HH

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

你真的很勤劳,手脚也好快:P
这个单单那样吃也很好吃,对吧?

Kumi said...

Kristy, these look amazing! I just baked a batch of crackers myself the other day, but this one definitely looks much better. I'm sure to try these soon! I wonder, if I can skip the strawberries and replace butter with light olive oil...?

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

Interesting, I might just give these a try, thanks. Diane

Belinda @zomppa said...

I love this texture!! Love the strawberry, too. What a perfect snack.

Emily Malloy said...

deeeelish!

Ana Rita said...

Loved those crackers....i must try those....
Kisses,

Rita

Julie said...

Those really are so clever, I'll bet they're delish!

Hayley said...

Mmmm, I think the crackers are best taken with coffee la~

divya said...

Wowwww... sounds delicious and tempting.. thanks for the awesome recipe.. :)

lena said...

yeah , i remember your ritz crackers that you made not long ago and strawberry sounds not bad! you're brilliant!

TasteHongKong said...

Plain crackers (I adore RITZ type too) are already additive, thumb up for this strawberry version.

Jeannie said...

Looks like another successful project! Delicious! I love crunchy biscuits like these!

shaz@feedingmykidsbetter said...

These crackers are really unique! I'm sure they are yummy!

Sutapa said...

Delighted to see those crunchy crackers and you always rock with your culinary creation Kristy!

Angie's Recipes said...

Adding the strawberries to the soda crackers...that's creative!

alison said...

you amaze me again,kristy!wonderful job!

Shirley said...

Love these crackers Kristy! I must try them.

Chaya said...

Kristy, you always have something special. Strawberry crackers sound like the very best.

You are amazing, gal.

Drick said...

what fun making crackers and putting fruit in them is just a great idea - hope all is going well for you my friend

My Little Space said...

Lyndz : Thanks! Hope you're having a great holiday. Will write.

HH : Thanks alot! I'm looking forward to make something from your list soon.

Blue wales : Yeap, I'm a hardworking momsie!

Kumi : No worries, you can have whatever you want on it. Just have fun! OK.

Diane : You're welcome. Hope you'll like it too!

Belinda : Next round, I want to make the strawberry in chuncks! More yummy.

Emily : Thanks!

Rita : Hope you will like it!

Julie : Yeap, trying something interesting. Bored with all the store bought crackers!

Hayley : Yes, they're!

Divya : Thank you so much, dear.

lena : I was just trying to use up the leftover. Actuallly, it was quite excited trying something new.

TasteHK : Thanks so much!

Jeannie : Me too! I want to try something else too. It's already in my mind.

Shaz : Thank you.

Sutapa : Thanks so much for your lovely words. I am really appreciate it.

Angie : Thanks!

Alison : Thank you.

Shirley : Hope you'll like it too! ha..

Chaya : Thanks so much for your kind words. Really appreciate it. :o)

Drick : I'm doing fine. thank you very much. As always, I'm a busy momsie. :o)

Thank you very much everybody for visiting and spending your valueable time here with me. It's always a great pleasure of seeing you all. Hope you're all having a fabulous day.

Blessings, Kristy

April @ The 21st Century Housewife said...

Your strawberry soda crackers look just delicious - a real treat! Thank you for sharing them with Let's Do Brunch :) Hope to see you there again later today.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...