I made a batch of crackers not long ago, which is something like sponge like 'RITZ' crackers. But soda cracker is slightly crunchier & crispier. I love soda crackers especially dipping into my coffee or oatmeal drinks for my afternoon snacks or breakfast. This is my second crackers project and I am having so much fun! Hopefully, I'll have more coming up after this.
1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
1-1/2 tspn yeast
1/4 tspn cream of tartar
1/2 tspn baking soda
1/2 tspn baking powder
1/2 tspn salt
2 tbsp margarine
1/2 cup milk
1 tspn strawberry
1 tbsp strawberry puree (chilled overnight)
(1) combine all ingredients and mix to form a dough.
(2) wrap with plastic sheet and keep chilled for 15mins before shaping it.
(3) withdraw dough from refrigerator and leave for 10 mins under room temperature.
(4) roll out dough out as thin as possible.
(5) fold into three and again roll flat.
(6) shape dough as desired and place them to baking tray. Direct contact between tray and dough gives better result.
(7) again keep dough chilled for another 10 mins.
(8) then straight from refrigerator, bake at preheated oven 210'c for 10 mins or untill brown.
* It's best to roll the dough straight to your baking tray, so that you don't need to move them around.
It's best to keep these soda crackers in a tin container. The crackers stay as crunchy even after days.
(cookies, soda cracker, snack)