Gardenia Butterscotch Bread which launched more than two years ago. At the beginning, I thought butterscotch is something like butternut squash! hahaha... Soooo FUNNY, right! After searching for so long, I finally came to make my own butterscotch sauce. Yet still a big difference compare to those indulgence little morsel. And later day, I've finally received a packet of butterscotch chips from Lyndsey, all the way from U.S. How cool is that! And this is the final batch of them.
3-1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 tbsp sugar
2 tspn baking powder
1/2 tspn baking soda
1 cup buttermilk
2 eggs, beaten
4 tbsp cold butter, cubed
1 lemon rind
1/3 cup butterscotch chips
1/3 cup chocolate chips
handful of sunflower seeds
*extra flour for dusting.
(1) combine flour, sugar, baking powder & baking soda in a large bowl.
(2) rub in butter untill well combined.
(3) add in butterscotch & chocolate chips and seeds.
(4) next, stir in buttermilk & eggs untill a soft dough is formed.
(5) place dough onto a slightly floured working table.
(6) roll out dough about 2cm thickness and cut with round cutter or shape as desired.
(7) brush the top with egg glaze and then bake at preheated oven.
How do you like your scones to look like??? I'll have to say I love mine! :o)