Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Almost A Hoagie....Banana & Chocolate Roll !

Why I'm calling it almost a Hoagie roll! It's all about the changed of plan. I was about to make a hoagie roll but after the addition of some leftover bananas & chocolate chips, then I decided to make it half of the size. So, almost a Hoagie roll is formed. haha.... What exactly a Hoagie roll? From all the information that I have, Hoagie roll is actually bun which is shaped like a torpedo or hotdog bread and is used in making sandwiches. There's no particular recipes to use in this bread. Yeap, you can use any bread recipe to recreate a Hoagie roll as your own preference. And this is my version! It's special for cream filling instead of savory fillings.

Ingredients :
3 banana, mashed
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup water
1 egg
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tspn salt
3-2/3 cups bread flour
3 tspn yeast
3 tbsp olive oil
*1/2 cup chocolate chips
*extra flour for coating

Method :
(1) combine flour, yeast, sugar and salt into a big mixing bowl.
(2) combine milk, water & banana and mix well.
(3) now, stir milk mixture and egg into the dry ingredients to for form a soft dough.
(4) add in oil and continue kneading for another 2 mins. ( the dough is a little sticky~do not add in extra flour)
(5) then set aside to rest for an hour or untill double it size.
(6) again knead the dough till smooth before placing it to the working table.
(7) slightly floured the working, place on the dough and divide into 8 portions.
(8) roll each dough flat and place in the chocolate chips, then roll it into swiss roll and place it to the baking tray.
(9) again leave to rest for another 20 mins.
(10) finally, bake at preheated ove 180-185'C for 20-25mins.

The crust looks incredible eventhough without the spread of egg glaze.

The additional of banana is always my desire in breadmaking and I finally done it. The bread is soft and crispy at the same time. And with the special flavour, life is completely a fairytale. Enjoy!

32 comments:

ICook4Fun said...

A lot of delis here use Hoagie rolls for sandwiches just like the Subway :)

Giovanna said...

Beatiful!!!!
Very very good!!!! ;)

Lyndsey said...

How cute you made a half hoagie! The best combination banana and chocolate, what a great surprise to bite into that!

Small Kucing said...

sure nice

Emily Malloy said...

YUMMM

Heavenly Housewife said...

What a beautiful bread, and I love the fun surprise inside!
*kisses* HH

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

I want one right now LOL. Diane

Sinful Sundays said...

I'm a sucker for any kind of breads with chocolate in it. Yum!

Juliana said...

Bread with mashed banana, will definitely give this a try since we always have bananas. They look yummie, specially with some chocolate chips.
Have a great week ahead :-)

Zoe said...

These breads look delicious. Chocolate and banana are always great partner in creating the best sweets. I can imagine the taste must be a "fairytale" to you and your family.

divya said...

perfect bread...looks soft yummy..

reanaclaire said...

Incredible buns!!

Jeannie said...

I love the chocolate bits in your rolls, the bananas added must have made your kitchen smell really nice during baking huh!...look delicious!

Ann said...

Those look like they could have come out of a bakery....perfect!

Magic of Spice said...

That is my idea of a roll :) Delicious!

Little Inbox said...

I love the idea to have banana in that!

The Sudden Cook said...

What is a hoagie by the way?

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

BANANA和CHOCOLATE真的是好朋友:)

Sutapa said...

Cute little beautiful hoagie!

shaz said...

I can just imaging these would have smelt heavenly when baking! Beautiful and chocolatey, yum.

penny aka jeroxie said...

Nice combination. And those hoagie are so cute

Anncoo said...

Nice bun! I love the surprise inside :))

Pegasuslegend said...

Really nice bun!

lena said...

i like the crust on your rolls and with bananas in it, i know why it's a fairytale for you!

Simona said...

it must be delicios

TasteHongKong said...

The banana flavor, the soft and crispy textures are enough for me to enjoy this even without any fillings.

Cheah said...

Have never tried making bread with banana, mmmm .... time to do so. Thanks for sharing, Kristy!

My Little Space said...

Gert : I am still tempted to make some hoagie bread. Wanting to serve as sandwiches.

Giovanna : Hi there, welcome to my humble little space. Hope to hear from you more often.

Lyndz : This is just for my own satisfaction.lol! haha....

Kathy : Thank you!


Emily : Thank you very much!

HH : Thanks and glad you like it too!

Diane : OK, no porblem....just wait me at the other side of the printer! haha...

Sinful Sunday : Me too! :o)

Juliana : Hope you will like it!

Zoe : Glad you like it too. have fun!

Divya : Thank you very much, dear.

My Little Space said...

Claire : So, are you hungry?

Jeannie : Terrific baked and great experiment too! hehe....

Ann : Thanks so much!

Alisha : What a lovely comment. Thanks so much!

Little Inbox : Thanks! It's been in my head for so long already....finally get it done!

TheSuddenCook : Hoagie roll is actually the same old bread recipe...any recipes that is made into a torpedo shape bun is called as HR!

鱼鱼 : Yeap, you're so right about it!

Sutapa : Yes, indeed!

Shaz : You know what.... I think I should place in more banana!

Penny : Thanks!

Ann : Thank you.

Claudia : Thank you.

Lena : haha...

Simona : Hi there, welcome to my humble little space. Hoep to hear from you more often.

TasteHongKong : Glad you love it too!

Cheah : Simply wonderful, isn't it!

Thanks so much everyone for visiting and spending your time here with me. I am truly grateful to see you all.

Hope you will enjoy this recipe and have a great day ahead.

Blessings, Kristy

Elin said...

Kristy...this looks good with banana in the dough...I must try this out ! Love bananas in the rolls. You have managed to make me crave for bread making again :)))

Nava.K said...

this is a great combo, bananas and choc, how not to drool with outcome.

denise @ quickies on the dinner table said...

Hello sayang! Your hoagies are very cute, sounds better than the meatball hoagie I ate many, many, many moons ago :D They look really nice, especially the crust!

Hope you are well :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...