There's NO four seasons here and don't even dream of having fresh boysenberry either. Ya, still remember the last batch of boysenberry I kept in the freezer! Portion of it went straight down in this recipe. This is actually my first attempt trying out the whole lot of spices in one cake and I think it's awesome.
Ingredients for cake :
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 tspn vanilla essence
1/2 cup yoghurt
1/3 cup milk
2-3/4 cup flour
1 tspn baking powder
1/2 tspn baking soda
1/2 tspn salt
1/2 tspn cinnamon powder
1/2 tspn ginger powder
1/2 tspn nutmeg powder
2 tspn chinese 5 spice
1 cup boysenberries
1/2 cup dried cranberries
(1) combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and all the spices together and mix well.
(2) cream butter & sugar untill fluffy.
(3) add in eggs and beat to combine.
(4) whisk in yoghurt & milk untill well mixed.
(5) then fold in all the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
(6) stir in dried cranberry & frozen boysenberry.
(7) pour batter to well coated tray.
(8) bake at preheated over 175'C for about an hour.
(9) leave cool before placing on the icing frosting.
Ingredients for icing frosting :
1/2 cup icing sugar
4 tspn lime juice
(combine and mix well, spread it over the cake once it's ready)
The whole combination is like a BOMB...slowly melted inside your mouth! Hmm..Hmmm...... Don't forget about the giveaways! :o)
(cake, dessert, boysenberry, snack)
And here's the magnificent GIVEAWAYS you've been waiting for, guys!!!!!
Just let me introduce you to the giveaways which is sponsored by Reilly Dunn, Partnership Director of JoyBauer.com. These fabulous books are all about healthy living and sumptuous recipes for special diet. I'm sure you all going to love it very much. There will be two(2) winners, one(1) for overseas and one(1) for local. Besides of that, I am also giving away some marvelous moulds for overseas winner. So, all the best & good luck to all of you. Have fun!
And here's the rules :
(1) as a qualified winner, you must be a follower.
(2) leave as many comments as you want.
(3) closing date is on the 21st of July, mid-night and announcement made on the 22nd of July.