Does anyone came across something like this before? This is actually dried loquat flower which also called as 'pei pa' flower in Chinese. I bought this at the night market on my last trip to KL. I know most of you already heard of the name 'pei pa' candies or cough syrup but not tea. Loquat is believed to have such effect as soothing throat.
I remember I've seen fresh loquat fruits available at the supermarket some time ago but just not sure what it was! I will definitely keep my eyes on them for the next time. I am very much looking forward to make some loquat jam. Probably will be available somewhere around November to January!
50gm dried loquet flower/'pei pa' flower
4 cups of water
4 tbsp honey
(1) place 4 cups of water to a pot and bring it to boil.
(2) add in 50gm dried loquat flower (rinsed & drained), let it simmer for 5 ins over medium heat.
(3) and then serve lukewarm with some honey.
(loquat tea, healty drinks)
GIVEAWAYS RESULT TIME !!!!!
Finally, here we are! It's the announcement day. First of all, I would like to thank you for your kind comments and participation. I am sure you are all eager to find out who is the lucky two here.
The winners are......
(1) Ann @ Cooking Healthy For Me (Overseas)
(2) Alice Law @ My Little Sprouts (Local)
Congratulations ladies! Please kindly send me your mailing address as soon as possible.