Yes, guava & apple jam puffs or you may call it a pie as well! Anyone who lives around this region should familiar where to get a quick & nice touch of deep fried apple pie.... Yeap, that is McD luscious apple pie! But my version is slightly different. It's more to a bread like puffs which is crispy on the outside but moist & soft the inside. Remember I made those jam a week back and just perfect for this. Do you think McD would like to try my guava & apple jam on their pie too? hehe...
So, here's what I did.
Ingredients for Pastry Crust :
600gm all purpose flour
1/4 tspn baking powder
1 tbsp sugar
1 tspn salt
3 tbsp margarine/cold butter
1 cup water
(1) combine flour, baking powder, salt & sugar into a big bowl.
(2) rub margarine into flour untill well combined.
(3) stir in water and egg till formed a soft dough.
(4) leave to rest for 30mins then divide into 50gm each (about 24pcs).
(5) roll each dough into round & flat pastry, on a slightly floured working table.
(6) place in the fillings & sealed nice & neat.
(7) deep fry each till golden brown over medium heat. For crispier crust version, it's best to fry them over medium heat at the beginning and switch to low heat for the second half. Let the puffs fried in longer time to get better results.
(8) finally, coat the deep fried puffs with sugar cinnamon and serve warm.
The additional of cinnamon sugar coating is a perfect match. You'll be surprised by the result. And of course for those none cinnamon fans, you can always omit the cinnamon powder. It tastes as wonderful just with the icing sugar dusting.
* Sugar Cinnamon : 1/2 cup icing/castor sugar + 1/2 tbsp cinnamon powder
Bite me NOT????? I bet you're going to enjoy till every bit of it.
puffs, pastry, jam, snack, desserts