THIS!!!!! Or in any form! I am still loving it every single bit. I especially adore the gorgeous colour of the red pitaya. Though, it doesn't taste as sweet as it looks but the colour is good enough to melt me away at any time. Combining it with strawberry is absolutely a terrific idea since both is red....one is lighter in taste while the other is berry tasty. So, the combination should be in perfect balance of flavours. HAHAHA....
The colour is simply amazing, isn't it?
1 cup red pitaya puree
1/2 cup strawberry puree
1/2 cup castor sugar
1-1/2 cup full cream milk
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup syrup
a pinch of salt
1tbsp corn starch
3 tbsp milk powder
1 tbsp lemon juice
(1) combine pitaya & strawberry puree and sugar into a saucepan and boil untill sugar dissolved, stirring often.
(2) reduce the heat, then stir in one(1) cup milk, cream and syrup, let to simmer over medium heat untill mixture begins to steam (without boiling it).
(3) now off the heat, mix the remaining milk together with lemon juice, milk powder and corn starch.
(4) finally, add cornstarch mixture into hot mixture and mix till thickened.
(5) remove the saucepan away from the heating area and leave to cool completely.
(6) transfer mixture into a large container and freeze untill almost set, again blend the icy mixture till smooth.
(7) now, place blended mixture into separate popsicle moulds and keep frozen untill set or overnight.
Just can't wait to take a few more bites! Sorry guys that's all for today. Have to run now. Enjoy!
(ice-cream, desserts )