A tropical kind of coconut custard! I think coconut is a fantastic ingredient in all kinds of bakery and cooking because of the aroma produced. But the bad news is coconut milk isn't very generous to your heart! So, it is to advise not to take coconut milk too often. However, you can use coconut extract for flavouring instead! It's better than nothing, right! So, here we go....
Ingredients for Bottom Layer :
1 cup self-raising flour
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 cup brown sugar
125gm butter, melted
- combine flour, coconut and brown sugar and mix well.
- add in sugar and stir till combined.
- press mixture over a 9" baking tray.
- bake for 15 mins at 180'c.
- leave to cool.
Ingredients for Custard Filling :
1 cups milk
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup flour
1 tspn baking powder
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
- combine flour, baking powder and sugar together.
- in another bowl, beat eggs, milk, coconut milk and butter untill well mixed.
- add in the dry ingredients and mix well.
- pour the mixture over to the shortbread crust.
- bake for an hour at 180'c
- leave to completely cool before slicing.
Hm...mmm... I'm sure you know exactly what it was like! Such fabulous aroma!