Thursday, November 26, 2009

Vol-Au-Vent Dream

This has been my long time dream. Oh yes.... my dearest Vol-au-vent! This is the moment. I'm going to make my dream come true. Because of my excitement, I forgotten to take down most of the pictures. However, these look just perfect!

Ingredients for Pastry Puff click here :


- the pastry sheet recipe is just enough to make 4 sets of pastry skin.
- you've to cut out 8 pcs same size pastry dough.
- empty the centre of the moulded pastry dough on just 4 of them, by using a smaller size mould. - brush on water to the whole moulded pastry, then join the other part together.
- finally, brush on egg glaze and bake at 200'c untill golden brown.
*
Ingredients for Filling :
*
200gm chicken breast, cubed
100gm celery, cubed
100gm mushroom, slightly chopped
1 large onion, cubed
1/2 tbsp flour
1 cup milk
salt & pepper to taste
1 tspn mixed herbs
1 tspn crushed black pepper
*
Method :
*
- preheat frying pan with 2 tbsp butter.
- stir in onion and saute untill fragrant.
- add in chicken and simmer untill almost cooked.
- then stir in mushroom, celery and mixed herbs, simmer for a little while.
- now stir in salt, both peppers & flour.



- pour in the milk and stir untill became a little thicken.
- off the heat and place it to the pastry.

Phew... what a beauty!!! Yet still have to take a bite on it..... yum.....mmm.....! Four sets are really not enough. My son already place in the order lol. haha......

Without wasting, I've baked the center dough too and made them into Napoleon/Mille-Feuilli Pastry. What a double goodness!

27 comments:

alison said...

wow kristy,it's perfect!and so beautiful!congratulations!

Chow and Chatter said...

fab i love these great job

reanaclaire said...

hey, can i place order too? they simply look fabulous.. so creamy too!

alwayswinner786 said...

What a beauty! Great treat for eye and soul.

Happy ThanksGiving to you and all your loved ones.

God Bless.

Anncoo said...

These look so perfect, Kristy. Can I have a bite?

lululu said...

Did I tell you I'm a pastry freak, Kristy?!
These little puff are always my babies!

Lyndsey said...

How lovely they both look. You are so clever, but what a tease, these look so tempting! Good thing it's Thanksgiving and we have a lot of good food to eat! :)

Gera @ SweetsFoods said...

Really beauty and dreamy…drooling with them :)
Cheers,

Gera

radha said...

oh kristy, these are just gorgeous, you know voulavant is my Fav finger food~here i can get them with curry meat, pork floss, tuna ham, veg and everthing else.

Angie's Recipes said...

Kristy, that's a perfect job! I love layered pastry, even without the filling! Wish I could just eat without worrying about my unstoppable growing waist!

penny aka jeroxie said...

You always make something that I like! The pastry puffs so well!

Barbara said...

Absolutely lovely! Such a pretty shape with the pastry too.

Elra said...

Beautifully done. Perfect layers, and delicious!

Mary said...

You have every right to be proud of these. They really are gorgeous.

Claudia said...

I doon't know which I want first. Dessert first, please.

My Little Space said...

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for stopping by. I know you all have been busy for the past few days. I hope you all have a wonderful time. I wonder are you ladies planning to go for 'Dark Friday Shopping'? Have fun!

Cheers, Kristy

cherry potato said...

还有剩吗?好像很美味哦!

你的cutter好特别。

My Little Space said...

Chin : The mould cutter set was given to me by my hubby sis-in-law, years ago!

Heavenly Housewife said...

These look beautiful, very impressive! I hope you are having a good weekend :D

Drick said...

absolutely lovely - sorry, I have not been around...my sister leaving today so will be back with you soon.........

Velva said...

How beautiful! Congratulations it looks awesome!

Donna-FFW said...

Smart son.. I would place my order now too after seeing these goodies!

Laura in Paris said...

Your puff pastry looks perfect ... and I confess I have never done it!

Cheah said...

Wow, what a gorgeous post. Looks too beautiful to be eaten!

MaryMoh said...

These look excellent...well done, Kristy. I haven't got the guts to take up this challenge yet. I would rather go to you if I want to eat...LOL.

Blackswan said...

Lovely food! If only i can bake ....

Joy said...

Oh Kristy you've won my heart! We would make these at the French Restaurant I've worked at in the past and they were my favorite -- I will definitely have to make these, all credit goes to you of course!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...