Saturday, November 14, 2009

Marshmallow Crunch Brownie Bars

My first attempt on this recipe, this fabulous recipe! It takes quite a lot of work but truely worth it. This is something that no one can ever resist for sure, not even ME. I just told one of my foodie friend, Divina, that I should cut down a few pounds to get back to the figure I'm longing for, just yesterday. And I actually made this today!!! haha.... What the heck, I' going to eat this anyway... Divina, I DON'T CARE!!!!

Ingredients for Brownie :

250gm dark chocolate
185gm butter
1-1/3 cups all purpose flour
1 tspn baking powder
1/2 tspn salt
4 large eggs
1-2/3 cups sugar
2 tspn vanilla essence

**190gm marshmallows

Method :

- melt chocolate and butter, leave aside cool for 5 mins.
- combine flour, baking powder and salt together in a separate bowl, mix well
- whisk egg, vanilla essence and sugar together untill well combined.
- then combine all ingredients together and mix well.
- pour batter into a 9x13" baking tray.
- bake at 185'c for 25-30mins.

- next, quickly cover freshly baked brownie with marshmallow.
- return the pan to the oven for another 3 more mins.

Ingredients for Crunch Topping :

150gm dark chocolate
50gm white chocolate
130gm peanut butter jam
1 tbsp butter
1-1/2 cups rice krispies

Method :

- melt chocolates, butter and peanut butter jam together.
- then remove from heat and stir in rice krispies, mix well.

- finally, spread mixture evenly over the marshmallow layer.
- refrigerate untill chilled before cutting.

Alright, that's my first bite! mmm....mmm.....
OMG.... you've no idea how good was it! Aaaahhh..... truely satisfied! OK, probably I need to jog for a few more rounds and do a few more push up or whatever. hehe.... Oh, I'm so happy!

33 comments:

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

Wow. These brownies look & sound amazing! I don't think I could resist... ;)

Claudia said...

I gained a pound reading your blog. This would so go over in my home. It looks like it is worth any amount of work! Delicious!

reanaclaire said...

my gosh.. i dont mind running a kilometer if i eat one piece of that yummylicious cake.. *drooling*

Angie's Recipes said...

I definitely try this one! They look heavenly!

alwayswinner786 said...

Yum Yum! I can't wait to tatse them . Why friends like you stay so far?

Joy said...

Kristy this dessert looks absolutely divine I was also trying to diet til I saw these... I love love love marshmallows! I will be bookmarking these for sure, diet can wait :)

MaryMoh said...

gosh..this looks sooo gooood. Can forget about any weight gain haha. You are just so good in baking, Kristy. Well done

Drick said...

another great one - so much sugar in one bite - wow - now when you say vanilla essence, is that the same as vanilla extract?

Heavenly Housewife said...

These look absolutely decadent! I am sure u are having a great weekend if you are snacking on this LOL!

Lyndsey said...

Oh my! You should open your own shop! They would be lined up out the door. These are definitely figure busters! They look scrumptious!

Souffle Bombay said...

These look wonderful! Creative recipe and Beautiful picture as well!

cherry potato said...

Wow, another make me fatttt dessert, hahaha..how nice...

No-Frills Recipes said...

Wow, awesome, would love to try a piece. Drooling!

Sweet and Savory said...

I can understand your happiness after eating this dreamy brownie. It is too luscious to be true but it is real.

Mary said...

These look just gorgeous! This would make me happy too:-).

Cinnamon-Girl Reeni♥ said...

These look incredible! If I had these in front of me I wouldn't care either! They look irresistible!

Donna-FFW said...

I wouldnt care a whoot about pounds with these gorgeous treats in fromt of me.

penny aka jeroxie said...

Very rich and tempting. I am trying to lose a few kilos myself. But it seems so hard to resist food!

Divina Pe said...

Wow, look at that. Temptation. I'm glad we're not neighbors. LOL

Laura in Paris said...

Oh, my, your shots anre incredible! Just like having the brownies in my mouth! I'm glad it's birtual brownies - I'm trying to get rid of some extra pounds!

Blackswan said...

Lovely pictures! Oh, d "Hotdog" pix is soooooo cute :)

figtree said...

Everything I love is in these brownies! OMG!!I cant wait to make them!

Elra said...

Hmmmm, love how marshmallow add gooeyness to this brownies.

Miranda said...

I can't wait to make this! my kids love all ingredients in this. I am making it this week. the recipe is saved!!!

Laura in Paris said...

Bread bread bread, baguette baguette baguette .. a post on French bread specially made for you!

petite nyonya said...

Don't worry about the figure, coz this looks too good to be missed!

My Little Space said...

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for allllll the kind words. Really appreciate it! Hope you'll enjoy the recipe as well.

Have a wonderful day and cheers.

Kristy

Miranda said...

I know I already commented, but I thought I would let you know that I am making it right now in my lil oven. I will keep you informed how it turns out. It looks AMAZING.

My Little Space said...

Miranda : Hey, no jokes huh! Sounds like you're truly desperate lol. haha.... I'm looking forward to. Do keep me inform! Cheers.

Drick : Yes, vanilla essence & extract are both the same thing.

Love, Kristy

Palidor said...

Holy crap, those look incredible! I don't even wanna know how many calories are in there. Oh who cares? I bet they're absolutely delicious and that's all that matters!

Bethtxfe said...

another great one - so much sugar in one bite - wow - now when you say vanilla essence, is that the same as vanilla extract?

Anonymous said...

Hi these look so amazing - can't wait to try them! Just a quick question, how many does this recipe serve?
And should this be baked in the top or middle of the oven?
Also, does it matter if the butter is sweetened or unsweetened?
Sorry for the questions, I want to get these perfect!
Many thanks!

My Little Space said...

Hi Anonymous,
First of all thanks for stopping by and sorry for the late reply, I was away. Now, to your questions. You may bake the bottom layer brownie on the middle rack. And for the butter....do you mean salted & unsalted instead of sweetened??? >o< For me, I prefer salted ones. So, its all up to you.
Wish you luck and enjoy& have fun.
Blessings, Kristy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...