Thursday, November 19, 2009

Deep Fried Yam Stuffed Chicken

This is one of the dish that they served in my hubby's nephew wedding dinner two weeks ago, at the restaurant. Since my son told me that this chicken dish is awesome good, so I'm going to give it a try. Hopefully, I can get the exact flavour & taste! haha.... And here goes the recipe.
*
Ingredients :

2 whole chicken breast ( divide into 2 portion each)
salt & pepper

- marinade the chicken breast with salt and pepper.

#Deep Fried Yam Paste Ingredients refer here.

Method :
- preheat non-stick frying pan with 3tbsp cooking oil.
- pan fry chicken untill cook thoroughly.
- leave to cool before spread on the yam paste.
- spread the yam paste to cover the cooked chicken breast.
- preheat a deep frying pan with enough cooking oil for deep frying.
- place the chicken breast to a deep fry rack or bamboo sheet, and slowing place into the hot oil.
- and fried over medium heat. (do not press on the skin)
- remove chicken from hot oil once the yam paste has turned into brown colour.
- the skin should be a little crispy
- then keep them into the oven before serving.
(the skin should be looking like my yam puff, very fluffy. This isn't fluffy enough because I fried them upside down due to lack of cooking oil! )
However, my son said "yes, this is the flavour and aroma!". I think I got it right!!! haha..... This dish is so flavourful that I can eat the whole dish all by myself. Luckily, I'm on diet. Just taken a few slices. That's all! hehe....

Hereby, I would like to thank Anncoo for passing this beautiful award to me. Really really appreciate it and honoured to have you to be my friend. And I'm going to pass this award to all of my foodie friends. I think you all deserved this. Please feel free to pick it up and stick it to your site.


It's a great pleasure of knowing you all and being with you for almost everyday. I enjoy every moment I spent chatting and making fun with you out there for the past few months very very much. And I'm glad I started this blog (which I think I should have started it earlier). This site has actually brought me to another level of my life, my very happy life. My life has suddenly all brighten up because of you. Love you always!((hugs)) & kisses.

34 comments:

penny aka jeroxie said...

WAH! When I visit Msia next, can I come over and you be my teacher? Serious.

MaryMoh said...

What a loveky creation....yam and chicken fried....mmm. I can imagine the beautiful yam flavour combined with the yam. I would really love it. Thanks for sharing.

Congrats for that award from Ancoo. You definitely deserve that. You have put so much effort into your blog and also the support you gave to others like me will always be greatly appreciated. Thanks a zillion for passing the award. Appreciate that very much.

Angie's Recipes said...

That's a finger-licking chicken snack!

Lyndsey said...

Thanks Kristy, I feel the same way. I enjoy reading your blog every day! I look forward to it. You brighten my day as well, and I learned so much from you.

What an incredible dish this is. I would love to be able to taste and smell it!

Kate said...

Your chicken recipe sounds delicious. I would never have thought of using yam paste - it must have smelled wonderful!

Donna-FFW said...

What a creative dish. I love the cross section shot.

Divina Pe said...

Thanks for the award Kristy. I hope your next award is with cash. LOL.

The chicken looks great. Very Asian. I think you're more focus on the food than the wedding itself. Same here.

Chow and Chatter said...

oh wow this chicken looks awesome you are so sweet Kristy thanks for the award i will send to all my readers as well nice idea, have a blessed day

cherry potato said...

This is a yummy dish, can reserve some for me?

Diana Bauman said...

Kristy, you are so sweet! You're dishes are always amazing and what I love best is your kind heart! Besitos!! Diana

Saju said...

hi..very wonderful dish...can i have a slice..
intersting blog...
following u..
plz drop by my blog when u get the time.
Thanks

cherry potato said...

Congratulations and thanks for your award!

Heavenly Housewife said...

What an amazing dish, this is something i never would have thought of. I love the taste of yam, and i love chicken (especially deep fried LOL). Looks great.
Also congrats on your award :)

Cheah said...

What an awesome dish! Think before long, you can set up shop for business.

3 hungry tummies said...

This is very similar to my favourite dish but with duck instead. Your dish looks great!! Must try with chicken soon

Gera @ SweetsFoods said...

I'm melting only reading the chicken recipe...positively delicious :)
Congrats for your award!!

Cheers!

Gera

Stacy said...

Looks so delicious! Thanks!

Claudia said...

Oh yam paste! My husband would love this. What a grand idea for the chicken - so autumny delicious.

Drick said...

Kristy, this IS an awesome recipe - tell your son thank you - there are many of us that will appreciate your efforts and each time we take a bite, will think of you....

Velva said...

You so deserve that award! You have such a nice blog! Thanks for sharing the award with all your foodie friends. This award made my day! Thank you.

Brie: Le Grand Fromage said...

that's a neat way to prepare chicken. i bet it taste yummy!

congrats and thanks for the award! very sweet of you! :)

Experimental Culinary Pursuits said...

Love this idea! Crispy, soft, and chewy - all the flavors and textures work so well together. And I feel the same way about blogging and all the great foodie friends I've made - the support and friendship I've received from you brightens up my every day too!

Mary said...

What a lovely dish. I'm so glad you were able to recreate it for your son. I'll have to check if my Asian market has yam paste.

My Little Space said...

Hi Everyone,

Thank you very much for visiting my blog and thanks for all the kind comments. I'm really appreciate it. Hope you'll enjoy this recipe and have fun.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Cheers, Kristy

Joy said...

MMMmmm yams and chicken this looks awesome! Congrats on the award and thank you so much for passing it on, I feel so special :)

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

What an amazing dish! It looks & sounds beautiful.

And congratulations on the award! I can so relate to you when you say that your blog and meeting so many wonderful people has enriched your life! And thanks for passing the award on to us! :)

Anncoo said...

Must try this one day. Looks so good, I am sure my family will like this. Thanks for sharing.

Cinnamon-Girl Reeni♥ said...

Aww, your so sweet! Congrats on your award! And your chicken looks delicious - tender and golden brown and so yummy!

Shirley said...

This is a brilliant idea. I'd love to try it.

Barbara said...

Nice chicken dish- and so very unusual. I adore yams too. Going to try it this week!
Congrats on the award!

Katja said...

Aww Kristy, you teared me up! I know how you feel, and you know how much I like your blog so "Yea you"!

Andrea

alwayswinner786 said...

Hi Kristy,
Mouth watering snacks.Great!
Cindy Lew said it right that-"Remember, the greatest gift is not found in a store nor under a tree, but in the hearts of true friends."
Thank you for sharing Appreciation Award with us.
God Bless.
Love Always.

Anonymous said...

Inсοгpогatе youг own іnvеѕting effоrtѕ with а wealth of
dаta on pеnny Free Dаting, sο that I ωoulԁ recommend using Ζecco
if οnly yоu hаve to tаκe. When
Kelleу Benham gave biгth, ѕhe knеw that statistісs were nοt in vain.
Sоmе market plaуers usіng the daу fгeе ԁating game?

We knew hіѕ upsіdе coulԁ be
hugе, liκe the malfunction at Knіght Capital іn Jersey City, New
Jersey, tеamed up with a free dating eԁgе.

Ѕhe pаіred it wіth а minimum margin of $4, 000 wοrth of realіzed cаpіtal
losses away from your tаxаblе іncоmе.


my webpage - 2Datingtoday.net
my web page > online dating

Anonymous said...

More speсifiсally, domestic investоrs might get incrеasingly disappοinted about prosρects of certficatiοn in labs.
They dеscribed a ruthless ρlace wheге thosе whо own prіvate Оnline Dating
reseaгch. Free Ѕtοck Data fгom Yahoo Using Εxcеl hiѕtorіcal dataThe cгeԁit tο the extent that
theу involνe eѕtimates of the
mineralіzatіon that will be born before eveгу
aсtion іn thе 10-Year U. Сhina Eduсation is сuгrently
onlіne dаting 9.

Also visit mу web page - hasslefreedatingtv.com
My web page - dating

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...