Sunday, November 29, 2009

Fish & Potato Casserole

I've to admit that my kids are quite addicted to any kinds of casserole dish lately. The smell of cheese just so irresistible! I've taken a small portion. Have to watch my waist line lol! hehe....

Ingredients :

500gm fish fillet, sliced
500gm boiled potatoes, roughly mashed
150gm mushroom, slightly chopped
1 large onion, cubed
salt & pepper to taste
1 tspn mixed herbs
1 tbsp flour
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 tbsp tapioca starch

Method :

- marinade fish fillet with salt & pepper and tapioca starch.
- preheat frying pan with 3 tbsp butter.
- pan fry sliced fish fillet and mixed herbs untill cooked.
- then remove from frying pan and leave aside.
- add another 2 tbsp of butter onto the frying pan.
- stir in onion and saute untill fragrant.
- add in mushroom and simmer for another 1-2 minutes.
- stir in flour and then follow by milk, salt & pepper to taste; simmer untill slightly thicken.
- off the heat, stir in mashed potatoes and mix well.
- place potato mixture to a baking dish and cover it with cooked fish fillet.
- finally, sprinkle both cheeses on top and bake at 220'c for about 10 mins or untill golden brown.

I've added a little curry powder on top for extra flavouring.

I like the potatoes a little chunky and not too soft. It goes perfectly well with the fish! yum.....

17 comments:

Anncoo said...

Hey Kristy,
I want to be the first one to come here. So you can share with me...hehee

My Little Space said...

Oh Hi Anncoo,
Of coz, you're always welcome! Be my guest. But be careful with your waist line! hehe...

Shirley said...

This really sounds and looks good!Fish and cheese are my favourite ingredients.

pegasuslegend said...

looks really good, except for the onions cant eat them allergic...wonder how this would be without them, I love anything with fish and never thought about a casserole style...we always eat it baked in wine and bread crumbs or fried...such a great idea, thanks Kristy :)

Drick said...

yum - love everything about this dish ...keep your kids (and me) happy with more like this...

MaryMoh said...

Beautiful dish. I'm sure it tastes very delicious. My family does not really like cheese so I have to eat alone. I'll run to you to cook for me....haha. I think I'll put mashed potato on top.

5 Star Foodie said...

Yum! I miss eating seafood with all the Thanksgiving stuff! We would love this, my daughter would sure to call it a "pie" and gobble it up :)

Heavenly Housewife said...

Gosh, this looks so yummy. I want some!

Lyndsey said...

This looks so good, I can smell the cheese melting....what's not to like with cheese added on top? hehe!

You have so much control, you can take a little, I'm impressed! :)

cheapappetite said...

I love this dish! Good yet easy-to-make fish casserole!

Bob said...

I love a good casserole, that looks wicked good!

Claudia said...

Oh how gorgeous - I am smelling the aroma... tasting it ...wanting it.

Palidor said...

You're right - cheese is irresistible! Casserole looks very tasty.

Mary said...

This is just a beautiful dish! I love all the cheese you've used here.
I'll wager you had no leftovers :-).

Angie's Recipes said...

That's another great comforting weekend meal!

Barbara said...

I like casseroles too. Everything delicious, tied up in a neat little dish.
Fish and potatoes would be delicious! And add all that wonderful melted cheese. Yummy.

Chef Fresco said...

We've been making our fair share of casseroles too lately - such a good winter meal :) Nice addition of curry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...