Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Prune & Oatmeal Molasses Muffins

There's a bottle of molasses and two packets of rolled oats sitting in my pantry for almost 2 months now. I think its about time to make good use of them. Before using it in my bread, I wanted to try it out on my rolled oat muffins. Found the recipe months ago. I like simple and quick to prepare muffin recipes for my afternoon tea!

Ingredients :
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1-1/2 tspn baking powder
1/2 tspn baking soda
1 tspn salt
1-1/3 cup rolled oats
1 cup pitted prune, chopped
1 cup full cream milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup molasses
1 large egg, beaten

Method :
- combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, rolled oats and prune in a big bowl.
- whisk together milk, butter, molasses and egg untill well mixed.
- add the milk mixture into the dry ingredients and stir untill just combined.

- divide batter into muffin cups and bake at 200'c for 20-25 mins or untill golden brown.
The overall looks is just OK! Not really attractive at first sight... hehe...
But you definitely will fall in love with these once you've had them ! With not so sweet prune flavour and some chewy rolled oats combo.... just add in a little butter and sugar ....oomm....! Muak....

18 comments:

alison said...

kristy,you make me hunger...beautiful muffins!

Divina Pe said...

You're making me hungry too. Nice looking and tempting muffins.

MaryMoh said...

I always love dried fruits in cakes. It makes it moist and gives extra flavour & natural sweetness to the cakes...and of course healthier too. Looks very delicious...mmmm

Anncoo said...

Mmmm...nice muffins. Enough to share some :)

Heavenly Housewife said...

oh, good recipe. I have some prunes and i dont know what to do with them :)

Lyndsey said...

Beautiful muffins (that sounded kinda funny)lol. I love molasses anything. I have a steamy cup of coffee here, I would love one of those muffins to go with it.

Bob said...

Looks good to me! I could go for some for breakfast right now.

Mary said...

What nice, healthy muffins. I love molasses with anything and a muffin made with it has my name written all over it.

TINTIN said...

These muffin with prune and rolled oat as ingredients looks good and very healthy. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe.

Donna-FFW said...

Oh these sound so delicious to me. Prunes, oats, butter, suagr, oh yes, the perfect breakfast.

Velva said...

Muffins look really good! You would enjoy these treats with your tea. I would enjoy them with a great cup of coffee :-) Love it! Thanks for sharing.

Cinnamon-Girl Reeni♥ said...

I love muffins! Especially made with oats. These are perfect for tea!

Shelly said...

This looks absolutely mouthwatering! Thanks so much for your kind and encouraging comments :) Love your blog!

reanaclaire said...

oh i fell in love with the muffins.. thanks for sharing..i wanna do this....

Laura in Paris said...

Dry fruit change anything. This morning I had not time for my muesli and yogurt bowl because I had an early meeting. As I was going to the meeting I stopped by a bakery and bought a little round bread with dry apricots and nuts ! So different and much better than a simple piece of baguette!

Angie's Recipes said...

I thought about using the dried prunes to make some brownies...but now I have a better alternative.

Barbara said...

Love this recipe! The molasses in there with the prunes would be delish!

Seany Fadaifar said...

Beautiful muffins (that sounded kinda funny)lol. I love molasses anything. I have a steamy cup of coffee here, I would love one of those muffins to go with it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...