It is a nice soft bread freshly from oven! A little butter should do great on it ....mmm... mm... And of coz, I'm expecting more from Laura in her future posting ..... more breads, more French pastry and more French desserts. Well, Laura, you going to get really busy busy busy! haha.....
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Sweet Min's Bread
First of all, I would like to make a special thank to Laura @ Laura's Paris Cooking Notebook for taking me to the ride, in a few minutes trip to the bread shops nearby her living area. That is so kind of her and I am really really appreciate it. Do drop by her blog to check out the famous French bread!!! Those breads are just so gorgeous! How I wish I was there. For the time being, I need to fix my crave and finally made myself something nice. This bread of coz is totally unlike the French breads which is sweet and soft. And here's the recipe.
300gm high protein flour
2 tspn yeast
1-1/2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tspn salt
1 tbsp milk powder
2 tbsp kaya (can or homemade)
1 large egg, beaten
100ml + 2tbsp milk
70gm mixed fruits/raisins
1 tbsp pandan extract (non colouring type)
Topping ingredients :
- combine milk, pandan extract, kaya and egg and stir well.
- stir in the dry ingredients to form a soft dough.
- leave to proof for an hour or untill double in size.
- punch out the air and knead for another 1-2 mins.
- place the dough into a 9" loaf tray.
- combine all topping ingredients and mix till well combined.
- sprinkle the butter mixture to the bread dough and leave to proof for another 30-45 mins.
- then bake at 185'c for 20-25mins or untill golden brown.
- remove from tray and leave to cool before slicing.