Thursday, November 12, 2009

Creamy Macaroni On Toast

One good healthy lunch for my kids! Sometimes just soooo difficult to get my kids to dig into the vegetables. They never touch on green beans, tomatoes, long beans, eggplants or I can say whatever green leaves. I'm really concerned about their daily diet eventhough they do take extra supplements daily. But still want to make sure they should at least have some, what you call, balancing nutritious food on each meal. As always, I'll have to scratch my head to think of something that will catch their attention and they're willingly to dig into the veggies without yelling.......or bla-bla-bla-bla-bla !!! =D

Ingredients :

300gm macaroni, boiled to soft
150gm chicken breast, diced
1 large onion, diced
100gm green beans, sliced extreme thin
100gm mushroom, slightly chopped
1 large tomato, cubed
1 tbsp flour
2 cups milk
1 tspn mixed herbs
1/2 tspn crashed black pepper
salt & pepper to taste
parmesan cheese
6 slices wholemeal bread, toasted
Method :

- preheat frying pan with 3 tbsp butter.
- stir in onion and fried untill fragrant.
- add in chicken, mixed herbs, black pepper and green beans; stir gradually untill about cooked.
- next, add in mushroom; simmer for another minute over medium heat.
- stir in flour and mix well.
- then stir in milk and simmer over low heat untill mixture became a little thicken.
- add in soft macaroni and stir cook for a little while.
- finally, off the heat and place in tomato; mix till well combined.
- top with parmesan cheese and serve with toast.

I can't believe it with my own eyes that my kids actually finished up everything on the plate! Gosh!!! I'm truely happy. Well, I think this is another big success to me!

25 comments:

reanaclaire said...

macaroni on toast? wow..first time i see this.. yes, i bet kids love eating that, my kids love macaroni too ... even at this teenaged years.. hahaha..

Claudia said...

I don't think you need to be a kid to eat this. Delicious and oh so comforting.

Laura in Paris said...

I will write a post about the bakeries around my house .. with pictures! I'll let you know when it is ready. And yes, Rebecca is visiting on Sunday!

cherry potato said...

So special.....

Mary said...

It's always so nice to come up with a meal the kids will eat with gusto.

Anncoo said...

WOW! Kristy, another new creation for kids. Good Job :D

My Little Space said...

Claire : I love it as well! haha...

Claudia : Thank you!

Laura : OMG, thanks a million! I'm very much looking forward to. And hope you ladies will have a wonderful time together!

Chin : Thanks!

Mary : I'm blessed!

Anncoo : Thanks a lot!

Have a nice day & cheers.

Kristy

Velva said...

All kids love pasta! Pasta is a great way to sneak in a few vegetables. This looks like something, I would eat myself for lunch.

Angie's Recipes said...

I just finished the chicken leftover...and wondering why I still have appetite for some noodle salad!

Elra said...

Very tempting looking macaroni, yum!

Chow and Chatter said...

oh don't worry they will grow out of it Jasmine is just eating meat at the moment love the mac and veggies great idea

Gera @ SweetsFoods said...

Having success with kids is a great phenomenon! Creamy mac on toast is a wonderful and yummy idea to apply soon with my daughter :)

Cheers!

Gera

Drick said...

looking for your steam cake and stumbled on this...man, it looks good too...good enought to eat >>>hahaha.....

Cinnamon-Girl Reeni♥ said...

Even big kids would like this! Delicious!

Donna-FFW said...

You know its a winner when kids gobble it up. Looks like a fantastic idea.

My Little Space said...

Velva : hahaha... Me too!

Angie : For sure, you've a big appetite!

Elra : Terima kasih!

Rebecca : My children already grown up teenagers! Can't just let them go on acting like a baby.

Gera : Hope your daughter will like it too!

Drick : I tell you what! Next time when you're visiting other bloggers' site, please put on your sunglasses before you entering! So that the food looks a little blur, then I'm sure that will cut down your appetite.haha....

Reeni : Thank you!

Donna : You're so right!

Have a wonderful day!

Cheers, Kristy

Divina Pe said...

It's so funny when my nephew so the photo, he thought it was ice cream. haha. I told him it's macaroni and vegetables and he doesn't like vegetables just like the rest of the kids. :)

MaryMoh said...

wow...what an interesting combination. I'm sure kids would love that. It's always hard to be mother when comes to feeding kids. I remember my daughter used to swallow her veg, run down with lots of water, like taking medicine!!!! Later I learned to hide veg in dishes that she likes like dumpling, veg soups, spaghetti sauce, shepherd's pie etc. She has improved a lot...thank goodness. And of cos, a lot of freshly made juices for badly needed nutrients.

Selba said...

It sounds yummy... macaroni on toast... I bet the macaroni without the toast, also is already very yummy :)

Heavenly Housewife said...

I never would have thought of putting macaroni on toast, but if your kids ate it all, it must be good :)

Joy said...

Kristin it is such a pleasure to meet you! I instantly laughed out loud when I saw the picture of the "dog sandwich" haha so cute! I am a huge fan of mac and cheese but I have never tried it on toast, it totally makes sense! I look forward to getting to know you through your recipes, your blog is very creative :)

Barbara said...

I'm not a kid anymore but I sure would go for this. Never would have thought of it...clever you!

Prasukitchen.blogspot.com said...

my kids love this ...nice one

penny aka jeroxie said...

wah! the tricks that you need to do to get your children to eat! no wonder you are so creative ;)

and this blog said...

awwww I love your header image!!! how cute!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...