Ingredients for shortbread pastry :
320gm butter, softened (I used margarine)
1 tspn coconut extract/vanilla extract
3 tbsp whipping cream
100gm desiccated coconut
375gm all purpose flour
2 tspn baking powder
- beat butter and sugar untill fluffy.
- add in coconut extract and whipping cream, mix well.
- fold in the dry ingredients to form a soft dough.
- chill dough for 1/2 hour.
- divide dough into 2 portion, roll dough over to a 9x13" pan lined with baking paper.
- bake at 170'c for 20-25mins.
- then leave to cool completely and cut into half.
Ingredients for chocolate glazing :
60ml whipping cream
350gm dark chocolate, chopped
- stir milk and cream in a bowl over a pot of simmering water untill mixture is hot.
- off the heat and then stir in dark chocolate untill smooth.
TO ASSEMBLE :
Sandwich the shortbread pastry with chocolate glazing to create a stack. Then pour all the glaze over the cake. Finally, freeze for 2 hours before slicing. Keep chilled in an air-tight container.
I'm still not very good in handling melted chocolate. Need a lot of practising! But I'm lucky cause everything ended up so lovely.
Hurray, what a successful bake!
Oh my, oh my, I just can't hold this any longer. Just one bite....... hmm...mm....
Hereby, I would like to thank Pam @ The Gypsy Chef for passing these beautiful awards to me. I'm truly honoured! And would like to pass these on to the following foodie friends.
(1) Krissy @ The Food Addicts
(2) Olive @ Home Cooking & Baking
(3) Pam @ Pam's Midwest Kitchen Korner
(4) Catherine @ Noble Nourishment
(5) Elizebeth @ Couple's Kitchen
(6) Chaya @ My Sweet & Savory