1-1/2 cup warmed milk
1 tbsp sugar
3 tspn yeast
1 cup bread flour/high protein flour
- combine all ingredients and mix well, leave to proof for 1/2 hour.
Ingredients for dough :
2 cups bread flour
2 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cups sugar
1 tspn salt
4 tbsp butter, softened
* cinnamon mixture : 1 tbsp cinnamon powder + 1/3 cup brown sugar
* extra butter for spreading
* egg yolk for glazing
* 100gm white chocolate for ganaching.
* roasted almond flakes for ganaching. (optional)
- combine flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- stir in the sponge and mix till it formed a soft dough.
- add in butter and starts kneading the dough untill smooth.
- then leave to rest for an hour.
- press out the air and knead for another 5 mins.
- roll the dough out flat in rectangle shape.
- roll the dough like swiss roll about 1/3 of the dough.
- join both end together and place dough to baking tray.
- and leave to proof for 45mins.
Finally, brush on egg glaze and bake at 190'c for 20-25 mins.
Now melt the chocolate and drizzle over the bread once it's cool. And serve!
Then I have to stop them from touching the breads cause these are for tomorrow breakfast. hehe...