Stir Fried Black Pepper Chicken With Wine

Ginger and black pepper always my favourite cooking ingredients because of the strong aroma and flavour. And the addition of spring onion just gave an extra kick to the dish. This is such a perfect dish for postnatal mothers. According to doctors, postnatal mothers are advice not to take ginger for the first week after gave birth, if they're breastfeeding their newborn. It believes will cause the newborn jaundice. Through my experience, my mom did cook with ginger during my postnatal but I didn't take them. And I breast fed my newborn. Not a problem at all! So, Do not take ginger vs cooking with ginger???? Anyone got anything to say about this!


However, here's my recipe.

Ingredients :

2 whole boneless chicken leg, sliced in medium size
100gm slightly smashed ginger
50gm spring onion, cut in about one inch long
salt & pepper to taste
sesame oil
1 tspn corn starch

Seasoning :

1/2 cup rice wine/red wine/'shao xing' wine
3/4 tbsp crashed black pepper

*thickening : 1 tspn corn starch + 1/4 cup water

Method :

- marinade chicken meat with salt & pepper, sesame oil and cornstarch, leave aside.
- preheat frying pan/wok with 2 tbsp cooking oil.



- stir in ginger, black pepper and the chicken meat, stir fry over high heat for about 30sec.
- add in wine and lower down the heat, let it simmer untill cooked.



- finally, stir in thickening and spring onion.
- off the heat once the gravy is thick enough and serve.

Hmm...mm...... yummm! By the way, I'm sure everyone would be interested in sharing your postnatal experienced with all of us especially for those mother to be. Please make a comment and share!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...