Ingredients for Sugared Almond Praline :
250gm roasted whole almond
- place sugar over a reuseable parchment paper.
- bake at 190'c untill melted and then add in almond.
- slightly stir to mix the almonds untill well coated.
- leave to cool completely before crashing the sugared almond.
(I made this one day before the cake & kept in refrigerator for storage)
Ingredients for Sponge Cake :
6 eggs, separated
110gm all purpose flour
- whisk egg white and sugar untill foamy.
- add in egg yolk one at a time and beat well.
- fold in the flour slowly.
- pour batter to a 8" (for 3 layers) or 9"(2 layers) cake tray, lined with parchment paper.
- bake at 150'c for 35-40mins and then leave cool.
Ingredients for Cream :
450gm cream cheese, softened
4 egg yolks
375ml whipped cream
1 tspn rum
- beat cream cheese and sugar untill well mixed.
- add in egg yolk one by one untill well combined.
- stir in rum and then fold in the whipped cream slowly.
Coffee Syrup :
1-1/2tspn instant coffee powder
1 tbsp sugar
250ml hot water
- mix all ingredients together and stir well.
- leave cool.
* one plain Cadbury chocolate milky bar, thinly shaved.
TO ASSEMBLE :
Divide the sponge in layers. Place one layer into a bigger spring form tray. drizzle 1/3 coffee syrup over the cake. Top with 1/4 of the cream. Sprinkle with chocolate shavings and cover with another layer of cake. And repeat the same untill complete. Then chilled the cake & the leftover cream overnight.
Finally, remove cake from the tray. spread the remaining cream (softened) onto the cake evenly and cover the cake with crushed sugared almond praline. I only used half the crashed sugared almond praline. Of coz, more chocolate is added on top! Yum..yumm..yumm....
Yeap......FINALLY, here comes my Tiramisu cake! So, what are you waiting for! Come and join me for tea LOL! hehehe.....