'kompia'. Kompia is the signature food of Sibu, Sarawak They actually reminded me of BIALYS that I've been wanting to make long ago. Bialy is a chewy yeast roll similar to a bagel. They both have soft & chewy crust with springy soft crumb but in different cooking method. Honestly, I think mine wasn't nicely press so it looks thicker.
kompia I'm mentioning about. Thanks to Veronica @ Quay Po Cooks for lending me the picture. :o) Aren't they look mouthwatering!
100ml kefir drinks
100gm all purpose flour
1/4 tspn sugar
(mix well & set aside for fermentation overnight under room temperature)
100gm kefir wild yeast
300gm all purpose flour
1 tbsp sugar
1-1/2 tspn salt
#extra flour for dusting
(1) combine all ingredients and mix well till a sticky soft dough is formed.
(2) then place sticky dough to a slightly oil greased container & set aside to rest for 2 hours or till double in size.
(3) now, knead dough till smooth and divide into 10 portions (for smaller size).
(4) if dough is bit too sticky, coating them with flour then place them to baking tray.
(5) next, press each with your fingers to the center, then place in onion topping; again let to rest for 20 mins.
(7) finally, bake at preheated oven 230'C for about 13-15 mins or till brown (place in a cup of water to keep the moisture).
Ingredients for Onion Topping :
1 small onion, chopped
1 tspn poppy seeds
salt & black pepper to taste
(saute all ingredients at once with butter till fragrant, which I didn't ! But still turned out great.)
I'm sending this to Wild Yeast @ Yeastspotting.