Hey, it's my 3rd BLOGIVERSARY ! Wow, I'm not dreaming here! My blog is actually 3 years old today. I can't believe it I can make it this far. From zero to more than 500 posts! I've learned so many fabulous baking and cooking along the way. The best two recipes I love most are danish pastry and pastry puff.....and still ARE ! Other than that recently I started some interesting recipes as well, such like vegan baking. Here's another interesting eggless baking I want to try out on this special day.
300gm smooth tofu
50ml kefir drinks (or 1 tbsp vinegar)
2 tspn vanilla extract/essence
1/2 tspn salt
1-1/2 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tpsn baking soda
250gm all purpose flour
2 tbsp cornflour
100ml corn oil
Coffee mixture :
1 tbsp instant coffee powder
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1+ tbsp water
(mix all ingredients till well combined)
(1) beat together smooth tofu, kefir drinks and sugar till smooth.
(2) stir in vanilla, salt, baking powder & baking soda and set aside for 5 mins.
(3) then mix in both flour and alternately with corn oil till well combined. The batter looking like a thick paste.
(4) divide batter into 2 equal portions.
(5) add one portion with coffee mixture till well mixed.
(6) to fill up a 8" tray lined with parchment paper, by using a tablespoon, scoop 2 tbsp plain batter to the center of the tray and follow by 2 tbsp coffee batter by dropping on top of the plain batter. Repeat untill you have finished both batters.
(7) finally, bake at preheated oven 180-185'C for about 40-50 mins or when skewer comes out clean.
(8) cool completely before slicing.
here & here). Yet this is another interesting recipe to try out. Am still looking forward to more....more to learn. That's what keeps me moving. Hope you guys will love it too.
* Just to keep all my readers inform, there'll be interesting giveaway coming up soon. So, STAY TUNE !