here & here) and they are both incredibly good. And this one here looks even fluffier.
(Recipe adapted Catherine lau)
Starter Dough :
200gm all purpose flour
150ml homemade kefir drinks / enzyme juice (at room temperature)
Main Batter :
150gm palm sugar (red sugar/raw sugar)
150gm brown sugar
6 large eggs
1/4 tspn salt
40gm all purpose flour
20gm corn flour
40gm custard powder
Final Mixture :
60ml corn oil
1 tspn baking powder
1 tspn baking soda
(1) combine starter dough ingredients and mix well, set aside and let to ferment for 4 hours. (I made it over night, so that I could get it done by the next evening)
(2) then beat egg & starter dough and both sugar till sugar well dissolved. (best to melt the sugar first which I didn't.)
(3) now, beat together the remaining flour, corn flour, custard powder & salt till everything well combined.
(4) again set the mixture aside (cover with lid) for final fermentation for about 8 hours (mine is 7 hours).
(5) finally, mix in the final ingredients and stir well.
(6) pour batter to a 9" tray lined with parchment paper, cover the top with aluminium foil and steamed for about 35 mins over high heat.
(7) once ready, leave cool completely before slicing it.
this here. Maybe I should melt the sugar from the beginning and leave the batter to rest on the baking tray for 10 mins just before steaming it. Am still looking forward to one more try. Wish me luck!
I'm sending this to Wild Yeast @ Yeastspotting.