Kefir Wild Yeast ~ Nutmeg Rye Bread
Starter Dough :
200gm all purpose flour
50gm rye flour
200gm homemade Kefir drinks / enzyme juice (at room temperature)
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup candied shredded nutmeg
Main Dough :
1/2 tspn salt
80gm butter / corn oil
* extra flour for dusting
(1) combine all starter ingredients and mix to form a sticky paste, then set aside to ferment for 90 minutes.
(2) add main dough ingredients to starter dough and knead till well combined.
(3) place dough to slightly floured working table knead to smooth and then shape it into a ball.
(4) now, place dough to a floured basket and set aside to rest for another 90 minutes or till double in size. Sometimes it took longer than that (depends on room temperature).
(5) bake at preheated oven 200'C for about 30 mins, place a small cup of water into oven (to keep the moisture).
kefir dirnks / enzyme juice for fermentation NOT the experimental wild yeast. Right! Do I need to explain more here? Hope not! :o) As you can see here, the bread looks really soft & smooth. The addition of candied nutmeg is simply amazing. I can just finish off the bread any time. Hope you guys will have fun too!
I'm sending this to Wild Yeast ~ YeastSpotting.