Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Cheapest Valentine Roses

HEY, HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO ALL ! Have any of you already receiving roses from your loved ones? Talking about roses, today roses actually cost double than usual rate. Hubby is so so so stingy! He's not buying me any. FORGET IT cause I'm not expecting any from him either. hehe.... By the way, I prefer edible roses......something like this one here. If you've no idea what to gift away for this year Valentine's Day, may be this will help. Come on, let's join in for some fun.

Ingredients :
4 cups   all purpose flour
1 tbsp  sugar
1/2 tbps  yeast
1 cup lukewarm milk
1/2 cup  yogurt
1/2 cup  corn oil
1 egg + 1 egg yolk
1/2 tspn  salt

* extra egg for glazing
* chocolate chunks or red bean paste (into 24 portions)

Method :
(1) stir together sugar, yeast & milk and let to rest for 10 mins or till bubbling.
(2) once the yeast mixture is ready, combine all ingredients to form a soft dough and knead till smooth.
(3) then keep dough cover and let to rest for an hour or till double it size.
(4) place the ready dough to working table and knead till smooth, then divide into 24 portions.
(5) roll each portion into round shape thinly and them make four cuts to each corner in between 90 degree each.Do not cut cross the centre.
(6) place fillings to the centre, roll up dough up starting from opposite petals. Then follow by the other way round.
(7) place all nicely wrapped dough to baking tray and let to rest for about 30 mins.
(8) finally, brush on egg glazing and bake at preheated oven 200'C for about 15 mins or till golden brown.



For those of you who has yet received any roses from your other half. Don't be sad. Go ahead just make yourself some really nice edible roses. I bet you're going to enjoy it ! Ahemm...... WE GOING TO MAKE OTHERS ENVY ! *wink* hahaha..... 
( bread, valentine's special )

36 comments:

Amelia's De-ssert said...

Hi Kristy, Happy valentine day to you. With my warm regards and hugs to you.

You rose bread look so cute and pretty. You are very creative. 2 thumbs up for you.

Kristy, no rose from hubby never mind, as long as he is sincere and you're always in his heart and thought. To me every day is a valentine day, I shower love to my loves one everyday not only on valentine day.
Have a nice day.

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

情人节快乐:)
玫瑰送我吧:)

Elin said...

Kristy...hahaha no need roses for Valentine's Day la :) His love and care everyday would be enough. Your edible roses are better than the real one and I am sure he loves every bite of it :))) Happy Valentine's Day and have a sweet Valentine's Day with your loved ones ! I am definitely be smitten by your edible roses !

reanaclaire said...

Happy Valentine! Roses or bread.. I prefer the edible!

Joceline Lor said...

很有创意也。很美的面包。
情人节快乐。

hanushi said...

I love your roses!! So pretty!

Happy valentine!

Small Kucing said...

me want!!

Belinda @zomppa said...

And far more preferred!. A rose by any other name.... Happy Valentine's Day!

Betty said...

ohmygod! sono stupende queste rose, è un'idea geniale.
grande Kristy!!!!
un bacio grande.
a presto.

Pegasuslegend said...

You are so darn creative this is brillant have an awesome Valentines sweetie!

lena said...

oh kristy, these are definately better than the real roses though i would still love to receive the real ones :)Your roses are much filled with love that nothing can buy!! precious!!

Vivian Pang said...

Pretty roses! I like it!

Honey Bee Sweets said...

Oh gosh Kristy! This is so lovely! Thanks so much for showing us how to do it...will definitely try to shape it into roses the next time I make bread! BTW, Happy Sweet Valentine!

AikoVenus said...

Cute, simple and so creative! These are so adorable - I love the chocolate surprise in the middle! ^^

アンゼエリン said...

Kristy, 情人节快乐!

Claudia said...

How clever and welcoming! Happy Valentine's Day Kristy - may you have a day of delicious love.

mr. pineapple man said...

Happy Valentines! Thaat is so cool!

Angie's Recipes said...

That's cute!

Jeannie said...

My goodness! I love your edible rose, so lovely! and not going to be wasted since you can eat it all! Hope your valentine's day was a happy one:D

Ann@Anncoo Journal said...

Very creative! That's the prettiest rose.
Happy Valentine's day to you and your loved ones!

divya said...

Awesome...

edith said...

I love your spirit Kristy! I believe love is not just shown on Valentine's day but any other day. Love your idea of a rose bun.

Ann said...

These are terrific! What a clever, lovely, TASTY Valentines treat! Happy Valentines Day!

3 hungry tummies said...

Cheaper and much sweeter :) Very creative!

Sonia (Nasi Lemak Lover) said...

Hahaha , I prefer your rose actually , cheap and can eat pula. Well done!

Jen at The Three Little Piglets said...

I would take those over real roses any day! Super cute!

Alice Law said...

HI Kristy, miss u a lot too!
Haik, my hb also didnt giv roses 1, but ths year at least got Valentine card.

This is such beautiful roses bread u hv made, it's really creative!^^

Wishing u a happy belated Valentine!

Rosita Vargas said...

te ha quedado perfecta la rosa comestible,genial receta me encanta,abrazos hugs,hugs.

Katherine Martinelli said...

Yum! I'd rather these than real roses any day ;-) Happy vday!

Dmarie said...

what FUN...so much more interesting than flowers!!

Mary said...

This is just beautiful! I am really impressed. I hope you have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

Nammi said...

very cute, hope you had a lovely valentine's day :)

Hayley said...

Salute you Kristy! This is so creative~

Lyndsey said...

Kristy I would love roses like these for anytime, anywhere...in a house with a mouse! Yum!! You are so clever!

Quay Po Cooks said...

I want that rose over the real one. Eye candy and can satisfy my belly! hehe

kanmani said...

Heya¡­my very first comment on your site. ,I have been reading your blog for a while and thought I would completely pop in and drop a friendly note. . It is great stuff indeed. I also wanted to ask..is there a way to subscribe to your site via email?











Valentine Flowers to Chennai

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...