(Recipe adapted from here)
450gm bread flour
1/2 tspn salt
1 orange rinds
1 lemon rinds
140ml warm milk
2 tbsp yeast
2 tbsp rum (optional)
* 1/2 cup dried apricot, roughly chopped & soaked with rum
Egg glaze : 1 egg yolk + 1 tspn milk
Topping : 1/3 cup brown sugar + 2 tbsp hazelnut meal
(1) add yeast into warm milk & leave to rest untill dissolved.
(2) combine flour, salt, lemon & orange rinds and sugar in a big mixing bowl.
(3) stir in milk mixture to form a soft dough. (4) add in butter and continue kneading untill combined.
(5) keep dough covered and leave to rest for an hour.
(6) punch dough to release air and add in dried apricot knead to combine.
(7) roll dough into a rope shape and then form a ring shape.
(8) place to baking tray and leave to rest for another 40mins.
(9) brush on egg glaze and sprinkle on the topping.
(10) bake at preheated oven at 170-175'C for 25-35mins or untill brown.
This bread is quite large. No problem feeding the whole family for one or two days. haha..... Maybe some day this will become the Asian version of Roscon De Reyes !!!! :o)