Thursday, February 2, 2012

Yogurt Fried Chicken

Year after years, I am celebrating the Chinese New Year as simple as possible. This year I didn't even decorate my house or baking much. Saving me quite a bit though! I only did the cleaning job, rearranged everything and checked if there's any unused items to be giving away such as clothing and electrical equipment. The least stuffs I'm keeping the easier for me to do my job. haha.... Well, we don't expect our kids to do all this things for us every year. One day, they'll still have to leave..... aftering their dreams. Whateverso, they will never forget mom's cooking is the BEST ! :o)

And here's a little treat for them.

Ingredients :
3 whole chicken leg, cut into bite size
1/2 cup    yogurt
1/2 cup   milk
1/2 tbsp    sugar
1 tspn     paprika powder
1/2 cup     cornmeal
1/2 cup     all purpose flour
salt & pepper to taste
1 tspn  crushed black pepper

Method :
(1) marinade chicken with yogurt, milk, sugar, paprika, salt & pepper for 10 minutes.
(2) add in flour and cornmeal and mix well, then keep refrigerated for another 20mins.
(3) once it's ready, fry the marinated chicken meat till cooked & nicely brown.

The crust will easily turn brown when cooking with yogurt, so always be caution with that. And the use of cornmeal in deep frying simply delish. It gives you better crunch. Still it's best to use chicken wings or drumstick for this recipe. Hope you guys will love it too.
( chicken, yoghurt )

33 comments:

Belinda @zomppa said...

Think this is the perfect way to begin the new year!

Ann@Anncoo Journal said...

Very nice fried chicken... looks very crispy!

Ana Rita said...

This recipe is a must do, right away!!!

Kisses
Rita

Aarthi said...

This looks awesome..Yummy Recipe

Aarthi
http://www.yummytummyaarthi.com/

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

Mmmmmm my moth is watering. Diane

Ratita Golosa said...

Mmmmmmmm...Sencillamente delicioso...buenísimo el polo al yogurt!!
Saludos!!!

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

This looks so good- my family would love it- I'm book marking this.

Lyndsey said...

Kristy you set the bar pretty high. I can just imagine how good that crunch will be when I bite into a piece!! Your boy's wife will have a lot to do keeping up with your cooking! Does your daughter cook a lot now? Or is mom's cooking just the best!! :)

Zoe said...

This is new to me using yogurt to cook fried chicken. They look very crunchy to me. Yum! Yum!

Sheoh Yan said...

Yogurt to marinate the chicken and then deep fry it. Very special recipe. I like it.

Wen said...

This looks yummy! Bookmarked! Any substitute for cornmeal?

cherry potato said...

炸鸡,好久没吃了。 Yum Yum!!

Small Kucing said...

I have heard of this. I wonder how it taste like

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

太棒了这个,给我一大片:)

Blackswan said...

Just dropping by to wish you Happy CNY, Kristy! What an innovative way of coating the chix :) Love it!

shaz said...

Absolutely awesome looking fried chicken! Hope you had a good New Year. I think simple is good :)

Hayley said...

Yogurt chicken? Wow this is interesting! Imma share this with my mummy ^^

Trix said...

Oh man, that chicken looks so crispy! A real treat, indeed!!

Jeannie said...

Definitely mom's cooking is best:D I would love to eat that chicken too!

Claudia said...

A new dish for me for the New Year - it's perfect and I bet the yogurt keeps the chicken moist. Love the crunch in the photo.

Amelia's De-ssert said...

Hi Kristy, wow... look so tempting and delicious. I don't mind having 3 pieces. LOL

lena said...

i've not tried using cornmeal for deep frying..would like to try that someday. hmm..these are finger licking good!!

My Little Space said...

Hi Wen, thank you very much for visiting. You can replace cornmeal with semolina flour where you can easily get them from the Indian grocery store. Hope you will like it.
Hope you're going to have a wonderful weekend & Chop Goh May!
Blessings,
Kristy

Dewi said...

Yuumy! Just in time for the Super Bowl :)

Sutapa said...

Hi Kristy,
Happy Chinese new year to you and all your love ones!
A very delicious and easy fried chicken recipe... love it!:)

Elin said...

Kristy...this looks finger licking good...better than KFC. Love the spices and the use of yoghurt and cornmeal. Thumbs up from me. KIV this for the Piggies when they are back for the sem break :)

Francy said...

Your chicken looks fantastic! crunchy as I love it! yummy!!! bravissima!

Angie's Recipes said...

These look really crunchy!

Shabs said...

Yummy , the chicken looks crunchy and crispy , I am drooling here * slurp*.

Jen at The Three Little Piglets said...

I love using yogurt or buttermilk when making fried chicken because it adds so much flavor so simply!

Asian-spice mix said...

Great recipe idea using yogurt for fried chicken,looks perfectly,done,,YuM !!
Ridwan

Antonio said...

Great recipe idea using yogurt for fried chicken,looks perfectly,done,,YuM !! Ridwan

Richardson said...

Hi Kristy, Happy Chinese new year to you and all your love ones! A very delicious and easy fried chicken recipe... love it!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...