Galette Des Rois or Pithiviers. Pithiviers is basically made by two pastry disk and some frangipane for filling, where mine looks slightly different. Do you think the King will accept this???? haha.....
15 sheets phyllo pastry
or 2 large homemade pastry puff sheet
100gm butter, melted
1/2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
2 tbsp rum
1 cup almond meal
3 tbsp all purpose flour
(1) beat eggs, sugar and rum till sugar dissolved.
(2) stir in lime zest, almond meal and flour till well mixed, set aside.
(3) grease a 7" round tray with melted butter.
(4) arrange 12 phyllo sheets (brush butter in between) on the pan base with the side slightly overhang the edges of the tray.
(5) then simply wrinkled & fold the overhang phyllo sheets to the top, together with the remaining phyllo sheets (remember to brush each phyllo with butter)
(6) finally, bake at preheated oven 195'C for about 30 mins or till nicely brown.
(cake, festive food, pastry )