Monday, February 27, 2012
Thai Style Steamed Tapioca Kuih
220gm tapioca flour
50gm hoen kwee flour
440ml boiling water (with pandan leaves)
100ml thick coconut milk
1 tspn pandan paste
(1) dissolved sugar into boiling water (discharged leaves) and then add in coconut milk & pandan paste.
(2) in a big bowl, combine both flour and stir in syrup mixture once it's cooled till well mixed.
(3) now, steam mixture with a 7" square tray with oil coating.
(4) steam the 1st three layers for 3 mins, then 4th to 6th layer for 4 mins and final layer for 5 mins.
(5) leave to cool completely once it's done, and keep refrigerated for 30 mins before slicing.
I'm sending this to Suresh & Shaz @ Muhibbah Malaysian Monday.
(kuih, asian cuisine, desserts )