Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Golden Pot For The Dragon Year


Like every year, our nearby Chinese temple will organize a Chinese New Year parade which is specially dedicated to the goddesses. As usual, they will passed by my place and these are the two of many photos that I've taken. Hopefully, I'll be able to take some really nice photo at the Thaipusam parade as well. Oh no, not at Batu Cave but here, at where I live!  Of coz, you'll be able to get better shots at Batu Cave and enjoy the magnificient experience at the same time of our Thaipusam Festival here in Malaysia. You'll be amazed.


And it is very common for the Chinese to use prosperous items for their prayer. We often used Fatt Kuih cause it brings the meaning of 'wealth'. Nowadays, something even better has been created which they use a steamed bun to wrap around Fatt Kuih and brings the meaning of 'confirm wealthy'! HAHAHA..... Don't you love the sound of it too. kekeke....

(Recipe adapted from here)
Ingredients for Fatt Kuih :
100gm  self raising flour
75ml    warm water
1 tbsp  sugar
1 tbps  corn oil
a few drops of red colouring

Method :
(1) combine red colouring,  warm water & sugar and mix till sugar dissolved.
(2) then mix together flour, oil and sugar mixture, stir still combined.
(3) pour mixture to 3 muffin cups (with paper cups), then make a cross on the mixture with a scissors coating with cooking oil.
(4) finally, steam for 30 mins over high heat.

I think this Fatt Kuih recipe is the easiest one ever and is highly recommended to all.

Ingredients for Golden Pot :
300gm   all purpose flour
1 tbsp  sugar
1/2 tbsp  baking powder
1 tbsp    yeast
165ml   water
1 tspn   corn oil
1/2 tspn   yellow food colouring  

Method :
(1) combine all dry ingredients into a big bowl.
(2) mix together water, oil and yellow colouring, stir well.
(3) now, combine all ingredients together to form a soft dough then leave to rest for 30 mins.
(4) then divide dough into 3 portion.
(5) flatten dough with a bottle in the centre.
(6) place in the kuih to the centre and then slowly push dough upwards to the kuih.
(7) now, tight dough nicely with a string a ribbon.
(8)  finally, steam dough for 12 mins over high heat.

Oh my, oh my, don't you love the colour combination! And it's very easy to prepare as well. I'm sure this recipe will be very helpful to those who are looking for one. Hope you guys will like it too! Enjoy.

21 comments:

Sonia (Nasi Lemak Lover) said...

I bet your golden pot sure bring you good luck, look so "Huat", ^_^

Jeannie said...

Wow! Your pots of gold look so awesome! Really look like pots of gold! Nice!

Amelia's De-ssert said...

Hi Kristy, wow, your huat kueh so cute and nice. Love your pots of gold, you're so creative. Have a nice day.

Quay Po Cooks said...

OH YEZ!! the color combination is fantstic Kristy!! So cute lah! I am sure you will have good luck all the way!!

Belinda @zomppa said...

OK - that is friggin' cool! I've never seen it like that before - this is mad cool! Happy new year!

Katerina said...

These pots are so cute Kristi! And what a contrast they make against the red! Beautiful!

Claudia said...

What a glorious year it will be! Those golden pots just shimmer!

reanaclaire said...

gosh!! what a sweet combination and creativity! You are really geng!

Aarthi said...

This sounds YUMMY..Bookmarked..

Aarthi
http://www.yummytummyaarthi.com/

lena said...

waah..i'm sure this year you will be very ""fatt""!!

Honey Bee Sweets said...

Kristy! Hope you had a wonderful CNY celebration! Sorry my wishes came late. :P oh I love your golden pot! So fatt! Surely you will have a very huat year this year. ��

Cheah said...

I hope that your golden pot will bring you pots of gold and luck this year!

Dewi said...

Th recipe seems pretty simple, I wonder if I can make it like your smilling Fatt Kuih here :)

ICook4Fun said...

So creative of you!! First time seeing this kuih. Now you are sitting in a pot of GOLD. I hope you had a wonderful CNY!!

Elin said...

I agree with Gertrude ...you are really sitting in a pot of GOLD!!! Your fatt kuih looks good and the color is so nice :) I guess you had a wonderful CNY with the family :)

Dumpling Love said...

This is SO COOL, Kristy! Such wonderful colours and creativity. Wish I could have one =P

Jeannie said...

Kristy, how come I can't see your next post, black sesame kuih?

Angie's Recipes said...

You are AMAZING! Those pots look gorgeous.

♥LOVE2COOK MALAYSIA♥ said...

I too love watching Lion and Dragon dances. Seen a few in my neighbourhood. Those golden pots are so cute! Yumm yumm...

Thanks for viewing our Thaipusam clicks ;)

Mary said...

These pots are gorgeous. I hope they bring you much luck. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Lyndsey said...

I do love the color of these pots! You are such a talent.

BTW I was born in the year of the rooster too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...