Mid Autumn or Mooncake Festival last Thursday. For a quick stir, I came up with one of the local die hard mooncake.....Mao Shan Wang Snow Skin Mooncake for the party. 'Mao Shan Wang' is actually the name for one of the most popular & delicious durian here in Malaysia especially down the south. I still have plenty of stock at one of my friends' durian store. He still keeping loads of branded frozen durians here for sale.
Ingredients for Lemon Snow Skin :
300gm koh fun / cooked glutinous rice flour
160gm icing sugar
200ml soft drinks (preferably citrus flavour)
200ml soft drinks (plus 2 lemon juice & zest to make it 200ml)
(1) combine koh fun & icing sugar into a bowl and mix well. Then add in shortening and rub till everything well combined.
(2) now, stir in soft drinks slowly and mix tilll everything became soft dough. Set aside to rest for 30 mins before used.
(3) once its ready, divide each into 35-38gm and then flatten each
(4) wrap fillings with snow skin dough and then sealed, coat wrapped dough with koh fun then shape it with mooncake mould.
(5) best to keep chilled before serving.
450gm durian flesh, mashed
1 TB gelatine powder (soaked with 2-1/2 TB water)
Method : cook gelatine over low heat till nicely melted then quickly stir into.mashed durian flesh to mix well. Keep refrigerated for an hour or till set. Once its ready then roll into balls for 35-38gm each. Coat with koh fun then again keep refrigerated for another 30 mins before used.
Ingredients for duo yong durian fillings :
350gm store bought dou yong fillings
200gm durian flesh, mashed
Method : stir together dou yong (mung bean paste) & durian flesh and till everything well combined. Roll each into balls for 35-38gm each and coat with koh fun. Then keep refrigerated for another 30 mins before used.
Note : No extra sugar added to the fillings. Opinion from all my friends(white rats) ~ the natural sweetness is just perfect.
Here's some of my mooncake collections :
Blue Cheese & Nori Flakes Shanghai Mooncakes
Margarita & Bloody Martini Snow Skin Mooncakes
Bamboo Charcoal & Cinnamon Baked Mooncakes
Chocolate Mixed Nuts Baked Mooncakes
Coffee Dried Figs Baked Mooncake Biscuits
Assorted Jelly Mooncakes
Vegetarian Suzhou Mooncakes
'Jiang Nan' Rose Petal Mooncake
Sun Dried Tomato Mooncake Biscuit