300gm winged beans, cut small
1 whole brinjal, cut small
some bean curd, cut small and slightly fried
a handful of dried anchovies
a few chili padi
1 tbsp chopped garlic
2 shallots, sliced
a few slices ginger
2 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
This is winged beans and in Malay, they called it 'kacang botol'! The Muslims usually eat them raw after or before meal as an 'Ulam'. 'Ulam' means vegetables which eaten raw.
- preheat pan or wok with 1/4 cup cooking oil.
- stir in ginger, shallot and garlic and fry untill fragrant.
- add in chillies, brinjal and winged bean, stir fry under high heat for one minute.
- then cook under medium heat untill soft.
- stir in bean curd and cook for a while, then off the heat.
- add in seasoning and stir to mix.
- finally, sprinkle fried anchovies over the top and serve.
It is such a wonderful and healthy dish to go with some brown rice. Probably, with some black pepper omelette...Ooo...yum..!