Monday, August 17, 2009

DoubleXL Chocolate Chips Cookies


This recipe is actually inspired by lots of my blogger buddies. And it has became one of my kids' favourite cookies which they can't get or buy from anywhere else...he he..! (so cheeky, huh!) Eventhough, if you found it; probably you are not willing to spend that much.....I mean just for cookies only! But you can make dozens of them at home without bothering the price. And it's fresh from oven...what can I say more!

Ingredients :

230gm butter
150gm sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1-1/2 tspn vanilla extract
2-1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 tspn baking soda
1/2 tspn salt
1-1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 bar Cadbury milky chocolate, breaks into small pieces

Method :

- beat butter, sugar, vanilla extract and eggs untill fluffy.
- fold in the combination of flour, baking soda and salt.
- stir well untill well mix.
- then chill for about 1 hour.
- divide the dough into small balls and insert each dough with a piece of milky chocolate.
- then roll the dough over the chocolate chips.
- place them onto baking and bake for 15mins at 195'c or untill slightly golden brown.
- and leave cool before removing from tray.

I can't wait to grab the cookies as soon as it came out of the oven.
The recipe given can fill up at least two cookies jar. Probably, can last for a day or two..!

These cookies are nicely fit into my recycle cookies jar! Looks yummy, isn't it!

13 comments:

Heavenly Housewife said...

I bet your kids love these!

Lara said...

My daughters would LOVE those pink chocolate chips...how fun!

5 Star Foodie said...

I've never seen pink chocolate chips! Where do you get them? My daughter would love these!

My Little Space said...

H/Housewife : Yes, they love it so much. Thank you!

Lara : I'm glad that you like it too. And thanks for stopping by.

5S/Foodie : The pink chocolate chip..! I bought them at the supermarket.

Mary said...

I'll bet your children loved these. I've never seen the pink chocolate chips. I'll have to keep my eyes open for them.

Angie's Recipes said...

Pinky! Ha! So cute and fun.

Angie's Recipes

Reeni♥ said...

Such scrumptious treats! Love the pink chips!

Sweet and Savory said...

Pink chips. They are delightful.

Vanillastrawberryspringfields said...

What a gorgeous varied collection of fantastic cookies....
Love these the best with the dang cute chocolate chips-love the pink in 'em...
If i bake 'em a little longer will they be they crisp up a bit...i think so ...am i right???
Love the adorably cute pic with ur blog title...

Anonymous said...

Hi. I am interested to try this on the coming weekend. Can I know what is the size of the cup you mentioned in your recipe? the chocolate chips place before baking or after baking? I have tried making muffin with chocolates spreading on the top layer and put into baking but end up the chips melted.

My Little Space said...

Hi Anonymous, welcome to my humble little space. You need a measuring cup which is specially for baking (you can easily get one from the supermarket). Not coffee mug or tea cup! *sigh* I place those chocolate chips on before baking. It will stand because the baking time is only 15 mins. Hope this will help. Happy Baking and have fun!
Cheers, Kristy

Anonymous said...

kristy, I love your little space :) The measuring cup comes with sizes or just one size? 'beat butter, sugar, vanilla extract and eggs until fluffy' is beating using the mixer or ?
Regards,
Jane

My Little Space said...

Hi Jane, there're actually a few types of measuring cup. You need one with CUP measuring line on it or you can use those CUP size measuring spoon. Then if you don't have a mixing machine, you can always use hand mixing. I also hand mixed the ingredients! Thanks for stopping by. Wish you luck and have fun.
Cheers, Kristy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...