Ingredients for crabs :
1-1/2kg fresh crabs, cleaned and cut into half
1/3 cup rice wine or 'Hua Tiao' wine
1/4 cup ginger juice
1 tbsp cornstarch
-combine rice wine, ginger juice, pepper and cornstarch to mix well.
- marinade crab with the mixture and leave aside.
Ingredients for chicken meat :
400gm boneless chicken breast, cut into cube
1 whole green pepper, cut into chunk
300gm mushroom, sliced
4tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
3/4 tbsp dark soy sauce
2tbsp sesame oil
- combine all ingredients together and mix well.
- leave aside.
- cook the quantity rice as desire and cut down 1/2 cup of cooking water than you usually did.
(otherwise, the rice became too soft & I'm cooking 2 cups of rice)
- cook the rice untill the water level has gone below the cooking rice level.
- pour the marinade chicken mixture into the middle, do not stir.
- and place in the crabs then pour the leftover juice around the rice.
- then cook in low heat untill the crab became totally red in colour.
- off the heat and keep the lid close tight untill serve.