Thursday, August 6, 2009

Mandarin Orange Peach Mousse Cake



Yesterday, it was my son's birthday. And I actually forgot about it! ha ha...It was not too late. I quickly check my fridge and the store room to look for something that I can make for him. So, I found some whipped cream and a can of peaches. But I need something quick! So, I have decided to make a mousse cake. Luckily, there's still some gelatin left in the fridge. And what flavour to match with the peaches...??? Oh.. then I found a bottle of mandarin orange concentrate liquid. Perfect!!! I think that will do. Finally, I came out something like this! What do you think?


Ingredients :

Crust :
200gm biscuit, mashed
100gm butter
- mix the ingredients together with hand, do not melt butter.
- place the mixture to a springfoam pan and press well.
- bake for 10mins at 180'c.
- leave cool.

Mousse Cake Filling :

400ml whipped cream
1 cup concentrate mandarin liquid
1 cup water
10gm gelatin
1 can peach

- combine mandarin liquid, water and gelatin to mix well, then simmer over low heat till gelatin is well dissolved. Leave cool.
- whisk whipped cream till thick and combine with the liquid mixture.
- spread half of the cream mixture over the cool baked crust.
- fill in some peaches and cover with the balance cream mixture.
- chill in the fridge for an hour and decorate the balance peaches on top.
- then serve.
Yeah, my son loves it! And my daughter loves it even more...ha ha! It's a very delightful treat. No sugar added in.

11 comments:

Finsmom said...

What a beautiful presentation! The peaches on the top look so gorgeous!

Reeni♥ said...

That looks heavenly delicious!! YUMMMMMM!!!!

Angie's Recipes said...

Is there anything better than a large slice of mousse cake in this hot afternoon? So strange, the weather suddenly changed...so HOT here..

Angie's Recipes

Heavenly Housewife said...

This is so so so so beautiful!

Shirley said...

This sound sooooooo delicious. I love baking with peaches.

Chow and Chatter said...

great cake

5 Star Foodie said...

What a gorgeous cake! I love the rose pattern with the peaches!

Sweet and Savory said...

That cake is calling my name. I love peaches and substitute them for other fruit often. This looks delicious.

Mary said...

This is a masterpiece all by itself.... mmmmm
yummmmmy.. it looks amazing. I'm sure it would have tasted heavenly too.

comfycook said...

What is mandarin juice concentrate? I have never seen it.

A beautiful cake. Nice job pulling together a cake just like that.

My Little Space said...

Comfycook : concentrate juice is the one you use to mix with water to form drinking juice!! Get it?? ha ha...hopefully!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...