Kelong Fishing Trip

Kelong is a Malay word to describe a form of offshore platform built predominantly with wood and can be found in water off Malaysia. Kelongs are built by fishermen primary for fishing purpose, though larger structures can also function as dwelling for them and their families. Kelong was built by using tree trunks. Enchored to the sea bed using wooden piles. They are usually sited in shallow water, although some can be found in deeper water. But nowadays, they have developed Kelong into commercial use purposes for better income. These pictures were taken about two years ago. I've been there for a couple times and I love it so much. Very peaceful environment and windy, and so so so...relaxing! Oh yes, my kids enjoyed it so much especially my son. He loves fishing just like his father.

This picture was taken when we were on our way to the Kelong. It's just a 10 mins boat ride. This Kelong is located at East Coast Malaysia. It cost about RM$150-RM$180 per person for one night stay.

Just look at my son! He was fixing the bait all by himself....ha ha !

He could just stay there for whole day. And by the end of the day, he was so very tired and strait away jumped onto his bed.

These are my friends. They were holding a 20kg stingray of my husband's biggest catch of the day! Ya...Hoo......
She's my daughter and it's time heading home! We are planning to go there after my kids exam somewhere end of this year. I am very much looking forward to the coming trip.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...