Pastry crust (for 16 mini crust)
1 tspn salt
2-3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup ice water
(1) mix together salt & flour and then rub in butter till well combined.
(2) next, add in ice water bit by bit till everything hold together & form a dough.
(3) do not over mix or knead the dough, it's best to let it crumble a bit.
(4) then wrap with plastic sheet and keep refrigerated for 30-60 mins.
Eggless frangipane (for 8 mini tarts)
1 tspn baking powder
80gm almond meal
40gm black sesame powder
1/2 tspn vanilla essence
60ml milk (add 2 tspn lime juice) / buttermilk
(cream butter & sugar till fluffy, stir in the remaining ingredients till well combined)
Fillings (for 8 mini tarts)
1 cup canned pitted cherry
1 cup cooked pear (with sugar & cinnamon)
(or anything as desired)
(1) withdraw dough from refrigerator and set aside to rest for 20-30mins then roll it out flat with thickness as desired. ( I only used 1/2 portion of dough)
(2) cut dough with cutter and place it to mould / cups / trays, cover each dough with a parchment paper and top with beans or marble balls then bake at preheated oven 200'C for about 20-25 mins.
(3) once it's done, remove parchment paper & beans/marble balls away and let the cooked pastry cool for a few minutes before placing in the fillings.
(4) after placing in fillings as desired, top it with frangipane mixture & spread nicely.
(5) finally bake at preheated oven at 185-190'C for about 10-15 mins or till brown.