Swirl Matcha Steamed Bun



Hubby was away enjoying his short break with his friends since Saturday. Where else he could be? Fishing again. lol! No, I'm not joining him cause he's going somewhere hardcore, meaning that you need to work your ass off (excuse me!) before you could reach the final destination. I used to join him but NO FUN at all. haha...... Honestly, I still enjoy it in some way. Those places are really gorgeous. True nature where you can actually enjoy & experience wilderness sightseeing....like animals & plants and especially the sound & calls coming from almost everywhere. Some may find it scary but ME not.......I always get myself prepared with a gigantic 'parang' ! HAHAHA...... Talking about nature, I think this quickie green tea steamed buns just perfect to represent it

Ingredients :
Plain Dough
250gm  bao flour / Hong Kong Flour
1 tspn   yeast
1 tbsp  sugar
130ml   water
1 tbsp   shortening / cooking oil

Matcha Dough
250gm  bao flour / Hong Kong Flour
1 tspn   yeast
1 tbsp  sugar
130ml   water (stir in green tea powder)
1-1/2 tspn  green tea powder / matcha
1 tvsp   shortening / cooking oil

Method :
(1)  mix both ingredients separately till form soft dough.
(2)  wrap matcha dough into plain dough and seal nicely then roll dough flat into 8X10' size.
(3)  now, place the shorter length dough by facing your side & roll it upwards like a swiss roll to form the swirl.
(4) then divide dough into 14 portions & again roll out flat each of them to place in the fillings; or for plain buns, fold it into half and place them to parchment papers.
(5) leave to rest for 20-25mins before steaming over high heat for about 18-20mins.

This recipe is another great choice when you feel like having some hot instant steamed buns right away. I sometimes will use it on my leftover food so that everyone can help to polish off everything. So , enjoy!
*
I'm sending this to Wild Yeast Blog @ Yeastspotting.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...