1 tbsp sugar
1 egg, beaten
3 tbsp cold water (adjustable)
50ml cooking oil
For Fillings :
3/4 cup raisins / dried currants
1/2 cup candied nutmeg
2 tbsp butter
1 tspn cinnamon powder
some lemon rinds
(stir everything to combine)
* egg glaze
(1) mix ingredients (A) & ingredients (B) separately till form a soft dough and set aside to rest for an hour.
(2) then wrap dough (B) into dough (A) and seal well.
(3) roll dough flat and then fold into two, and roll flat again like making the pastry puff. Repeat for one more round and then done.
(4) finally roll flat and divide into 12 portions.
(5) fill each dough with raisins mixture, sealed and then place it to baking tray.
(6) brush with egg glaze & make a few cuts on top of the pastry, then bake at preheated oven 200'C for about 20-25 mins or till brown & crispy.