Thursday, May 24, 2012
British Top 10 ~ Lemon Drizzle
(1) French Francy (6) Battenburg
(2) Fat Rascal (7) Eccles Cake
(3) Victoria Sponge (8) Jaffa Cake
(4) Lemon Drizzle (9) Chelsea Bun
(5) Bakewell Tart (10) Welsh Cake
So, have you tried any of these cakes so far? Yeap, those are the British top 10 that you shouldn't missed out. I will definitely give other recipes a try.
113gm butter, softened
150gm all purpose flour
1 tbsp corn flour
1 tspn baking powder
50ml milk, soaked with 1 tbsp poppy seeds (optional)
1 tspn vanilla extract/essence
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tspn lemon zest
Ingredients for frosting :
3/4 cup icing/powder sugar
2 tspn lemon juice
(combine all ingredients and mix well)
(1) combine dry ingredients into a bowl & mix well.
(2) beat butter & sugar till creamy, then add in eggs & vanilla and mix to combine.
(3) now, alternately stir in the dry ingredients & milk till well mixed.
(4) then add in lemon juice & zest and stir well.
(5) finally bake at preheated oven at 180-185'C for about 20-25 mins, for small cup size. And for 8-9" tray bake at 175'C for about 50-60 mins.
(6) once it's done, leave cool for 5 mins before remove from tray then drizzle on the frosting once it's completely cooled.